Didn't want to hi-jack the other thread about stamps/substinance hunting, so I thought I would start a new one.

The recent events in the Gulf of Mexico, off the coast of Louisiana, should be of concern for all waterfowlers across all of North America. The oil leaking into the gulf is going to have a termendous impact on the wintering grounds for several species of ducks and geese. I would hope that this alone would be reason for any hunter, or non-hunter for that matter, to buy stamps. This is a very serious situation that will probably have an impact for years to come.

I worked off shore in the same area as this accident from 1980 to 1990. In the winter months it was amazing to see all the different species of ducks, geese, and other wildlife that used the Louisiana marshland. It is dishartening to think of the habitat that will be contaminated by this spill.

I know some will just jump on the wagon and start trashing the oil companies, the government, and other agencies for this debachle, but what is done is done. It can not be reversed. It will take time and a lot of dollars to clean this mess up, whenerver they get the leaks stopped.

For those that don't feel they are obligated to buy duck stamps, this should be reason enough to do so.