Thread: Twentymile, Anyone been up yet this season?

Default Twentymile, Anyone been up yet this season?

Just wondering if anyone has ventured up the twentymile yet I was in G-wood for the slush cup but did not drive down to the bridge to check the bank to see how it was i'm sure that the ice is out just wondering if anyone made it up yet this season?

Traveled past there the last week every other day or so and there has been one to two trucks with trailers over the bank each time.

have not stopped but driving by looks like launching area could be a challenge, deep wash out areas, it was at higher tide so might not be too bad at lower tide
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Well if there has been trucks w/ trailers im sure its good to go I know that the further back you go the more snow there is from the shade of the moutians. thanks guys

I'm finishing the spring check-up (plugs, etc.) on the boat tomorrow and plan to hit the water on Monday unless something comes up; I'll report after making the trip.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Just got home. Hitting 20 mile tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    I'm finishing the spring check-up (plugs, etc.) on the boat tomorrow and plan to hit the water on Monday unless something comes up; I'll report after making the trip.

Don't forget your rifle!
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

You must hearing stories around the office. Yes I did forget my rifle last year when we went moose hunting on the tanana... haha people never forget.

Don't forget your rifle!

Ya i'm finnishing up getting the boat ready then i think i will head up Tuesday or Wensday good luck to everyone and not forgeting your rife is pretty important i will check to make sure i have mine before i leave and check again HAHA.

Son and I just got off 20 mile, we went up to our honey hole to dip net. of course......we fill the freezer with a square stern canoe so I don't know if this could be "categorized" as an Anchorage sized boat. Jacked up the lift and headed up river no prob. with the six horse ZUK at low tide.

Trip is a no-go today.. need to head to Sea/Ski in the morning for an exhaust gasket I tore after changing plugs out. May try to go in the afternoon depending on work.

bummer just got back check the tides Had to wait till 1am till the tide came in to get boat back on trailer. No bear but someone did shoot a bear with in the last 3 days. Saw the remains of the bear about a 4 0r 5 footer. Didn't smell yet and the birds/eagles have hardly been on it we sat down fromit and called for 4 hours. no luck no tracks but it was fun.

Trip is a no-go today.. need to head to Sea/Ski in the morning for an exhaust gasket I tore after changing plugs out. May try to go in the afternoon depending on work.