Thread: Bear Banger rounds!!

Default Bear Banger rounds!!

Is it legal in alaska to use Bear Banger rounds?? If so where can I buy them??
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Are you talking about fire-cracker shells? The type that throw a M-80 (seal bomb for us types who grew up on fishing boats) out about 200 feet and then hopefully blows up????

Default no and yes!!

I actully found a 15mm round to shoot out of a shot gun on a web site I'll send a link if u want, but I think they are not allowed in alaska. Are hte rounds your talking about legal to use while fishing?? wherew can I get them??
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default BearBangers Not Available Quite Yet

Until the proposed Pest Control Provision is passed into the Code of Federal Regulations, you need to me a licenced blaster to buy BearBangers. But don't fret: The law makers are going as fast as they can. To get an instant update of when that happens, go to www.truflareusa.com/FAQ.htm#8

In the mean time, you could locate a local dealer or store who might want to carry them. That way your shipping cost from the Lower-48 would be covered. See www.truflareusa.com/FAQ.htm#1.

Hope this helps.

Default Bear Bangers aka Cracker Shells

Legal? Yes, but to buy them you have to get authorization from an "official" (wildlife officer, leo, etc.). Where to buy them? Strange, but you can't get them in Alaska, nor can you get them shipped to Alaska. I got mine delivered to my winter home down south and then carried them up in my own airplane. You can purchase in Canada, where they are more common.

Do they work? I only used them once and from that experience can say they are 100% effective. I almost felt sorry for the bear; but I suspect that particular bear is now permanently deterred from human contact.

Hope this helps.
    Dan