Thread: cook inlet silvers

Default cook inlet silvers

I am planning my summer and was wondering if anybody had a guess when silvers start showing up out of homer

outta homer id reckon around mid-late july or early august. look up Alaska Outdoor Journal and look at the reports for the homer area for 2009/2008 youll find out all you gotta know. or better yet ask Muttley Crew Charters aka coho dave about it

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    outta homer id reckon around mid-late july or early august. look up Alaska Outdoor Journal and look at the reports for the homer area for 2009/2008 youll find out all you gotta know. or better yet ask Muttley Crew Charters aka coho dave about it
    Thanks, man.

I think the question is, are you interested in catching the very first silvers to enter the area, or are you interested in catching significant numbers?

Last year I started catching them in the early to mid part of July. But they became more consistent a few weeks later. If I had a friend coming to visit or a person wanting to charter I'd tell them to come around the first week or two of August.

Definitely check out the reports from last year and other info at Alaska Outdoor Journal. Lots of really good info about run timing.

no problem dave i really enjoy watchin your trollin videos.....really interesting stuff

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    no problem dave i really enjoy watchin your trollin videos.....really interesting stuff
    LOL! I bet I've got the first underwater videos of K-Bay returning silvers! Glad you enjoy them.