Thread: Helly Hansen Impertech

Default Helly Hansen Impertech

The only place I can find Helly Hansen Impertech bibs or pants is on-line. And, the problem is no one says how much they weigh. Could someone please weigh your bibs or pants and let me know how much they are. Preferrably size large. Thank-you!

geez it ain't much i dont have a scale that will weight something that light. i'd bet its under 2lbs easy for my bibs or pants. love those things. outdoors and more sporting goods in wasilla usually carries them there too.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default h.h.

no hi jack intended.

does anyone know where to get these that still has it in the discontinued camo? looking for jacket in large, camo.

really good raingear...

i just got on the scale with my size large bigs and it didn't even go up a pound. went up .8 lbs. the pants are considerable lighter without all the elastic and buckles. i have the pants that are double knee and double butt, so those might be a little heavier, closer to a 1.5lbs i'd guess then. but worth their weight in gold.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default noisey?

I keep hearing that these Impertech are real good rain gear. Are they the "typical" plastic-type that are pretty noisey when walking through brush? Last year I bought a Browning suit that works well, so far, but they are not light. Quiet, they are. A bit bulky, too.

I love HH Impertech! I've had a set of pants for about 10 years that finally ripped out on me this fall. I'm going to get a new set in the spring (Sweeny's in Soldotna carrys them, but doesn't have camo). I'll probably get pants and the double layer bibs (great for wheelin I think). I wear a gor-tex jacket for my upper outer layer and it makes for a good combo.

Default Impertech

jklingel:

No HH Impertech is not "typical" plastic-type material, but rather a supple, yet durable Polyurethane over Polyester material. It has been welcomed on many treks along ridges or hours with rod & reel in hand. They will take hours of drizzle, rain, or wind and not give in, plus they dry quicker than something nylon or fleece-backed.

I like the OD green color myself; a fair color for hunting and still "acceptable" enough to wear around town or in the eco-touristy areas.

You can normally snag a set for a good price at the Sportsmans Show in Anchorage in April if you are willing to wait. Otherwise, I know Boondocks and Sportsmans WH had the green ones last I looked.

Mtn Wx

Default Weight

Just went back and looked at my sheep list and my HH Impertech bibs and jacket came out to exactly 2 lbs (thats together)

I bought mine from the sportsmans warehouse.

I have since switched to the Marmot Precip for sheep hunting because its lighter but have been known to use the Impertech a time or two. In even teh wettest of conditions it does keep you dry. This pic was 3 days straight rain while sheep hunting.

Default Always in my pack

I can say HH is the one item I swear by. 7 straight days of down pours. Everyone else stayed in the tents, I went hiking kept dry and ended up getting a trophy bear. Will be buying a couple back-up pairs for the future. You can not go wrong with this product.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wilsonsmw; 01-19-2007 at 06:22. Reason: Added Oic