Thread: Win. 670 ????

South for Now

Default Win. 670 ????

Just picked up a Win. 670 270 and am in the process of finding a replacement stock for it. Now the question/problem I am trying to figure out is that this model/gun has the "slide" saftey instead of the 3 position. Anyone ever seen or heard of a replacement stock for this rifle. Thanks in advance.

You'll have to use a post-64 Model 70 stock and make the cut for the safety. Nice if its done on a mill, more precise and a cleaner cut than a dremel.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Check with Numrich Gun parts Corp.

I believe they have stocks for the Winchester 670

Their website is difficult, but you can get their phone number and call them. OR, send'em an email.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

You will need a stock with blind magazine. I have a 670 with the slide safety and was looking a while back and I think that Brownells had one brand of synthetic stock for 670. Williams makes a trigger guard if you are looking to upgrade that.

Let us know what you find, I would like to get a new stock for mine too! That factory birch stock is nothing to write home about and mine is very scratched and marred up.