Thread: Launching at Harding Lake

Default Launching at Harding Lake

I'm planning on launching my 21' custom boat at Harding Lake this summer and when I went to check out the boat launch last night I saw a warning sign about shallow water just outside the boat launch area. It's still covered in ice so I can't really tell but how shallow are we talking? My boat is a semi-v with twin outboards and I need about 14" of water to run. Is this launch suitable for that?

Any hidden obstacles to look for out on the lake?

Thanks for any information you can give.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

I heard that they dredged it again, but I would not try to launch your boat there without a good site survey of your own. In years past, the water was only a few inches deep for maybe 100 meters. There is a lagoon and a deep channel to get on step prior to the shallow water, but if they have not really dredged it out, I don't think it would be safe to get your boat out.

I have never had a problem with my 22 ft boat but it has a jet. You could always wade it across the shallow area at the end of the channel since you have the props. No telling what the lack of snow this year did to the water level. No problem beyond that - it is a deep lake for the most part

best bet is to check it out after break up they dreged it a couple years ago but it was still shallow we usually walk the boat out or get on step in the channel tough call this year with the low snow.

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll wade it out the first time.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."