Thread: Finger Lake

Default Finger Lake

Wife called me last night. She went to check out Finger Lake. Ice is out to the first island.

Thumbs up

Wow. This is the earliest I've ever heard of the lakes starting to thaw. Usually it's at least the first week of May.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

We were down there last night and didn't see any ice on the lake. Gonna have to drag the boat out there to make sure it still floats.

So I understand that finger lake is 100% thawed? That's would be great as I need to get the sea runner out and run it up before I get out in the inlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Fly Guy View Post
    So I understand that finger lake is 100% thawed? That's would be great as I need to get the sea runner out and run it up before I get out in the inlet.
    My wife was fishing finger lake last night with her little 14' skiff I fixed up for her recently. She said there were allot of boats on the lake and some rotten ice in places that folks were motoring through. She caught a 15" Rainbow on first cast and one more smaller one. My son did't catch a thing. He hates being out fished by his mother.