Thread: The Bear Facts, Mike

Default The Bear Facts, Mike

Sweeping Tea and popcorn aside, a Grizzly thing to do to my kids, I plopped thsese down for Bear knuckled pix of the Brown I caught's Bear Feet......with patches of skin that have not worn down after a winter of no walking.

With Bear feet and snow, the epidermis that has grown wears off looking alot like "Carpet" or (misleadingly) Hair....as it wears and the skin cells fray....

Ever suck on a big wart??? yaaaa, thats what it loks like....

Heres some circled areas, Im no genius with a camera or a computer, so all pix are just the Bear essentials....click on 'em to make 'em bigger, or look with a media program, and make them as big as you can Bear....

Bearly able to Bear it, those Bears Bare feet.........~~LOL!!!!~~ That what you were looking for Mike?
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I bearly could understand what you were talking about until I beared down a little more to look at the pictures. Pretty cool.

Has anybody tried using the bottom of a bears foot while making boots?

My feeble attempt at humor and posting "Hairy Bear pads"..............

Sure beats the yelling Ive done at my snowgo this morning.....it dosent seem to care.........but its healed now and all is well

hold up...is suckin' on warts a traditional thing or something??
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

~~LOL!!~~

If you suck warts, too, then I guess it 'could' be traditional, especcially if your kids do it too ~~~LOL!!!~~~............

So whatta ya think BRWNBR, is this conclusive enough, or do freeze this foot and wait for the experts to come around for a close and personal sniff????

lol i've been on board with the ol' carpet foot since the beginning, i've seen them myself. even talked with the bio in glennallen about it...sluffin' off of overgrown cells...thats what they called it, overgrown cells give it the carpet effect...
    good times...just boil the pad and put it on some pilot bread!!! and suck on it!
    Master guide 212

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

It still not hair... and thats what started the entire debate was i told some one they don't have hair on the pads and early winter travel is limited due to the tender nature of those skin sluffing pads...now i have to go find that thread cause if i recall... ( IF)

one of them there Brwnbr hunting guide disputed me and called it hair
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Glad you bared your soul of this barely know knowledge about bear feet but the humor is almost unbearable and makes me want to strip bare and run around the house

i think the word hair was taken literally...which was why i used the word carpet after that...my intention was not communicated...that never happens in here..does it??!
    Master guide 212

Mmmmmmmmmm Pilot Bread and simmered Bear feet Butter, Garlic Salt and Rice......yep......

Its your house Amigo ~~LOL!!~~ Have fun!

yaaaa, sometimes I think it was best said in "Cool Hand Luke" when the Sheriff uttered "What we have here is a failure to communicate...."

Thanks for posting the pics! It helps a lot. I have not personally seen that on a bear, but now I understand what you're talking about.

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay