Thread: Bad meat usage..

Default Bad meat usage..

I was wondering since all my moose meat is bad that I got from TVM I was wondering If it was legal to use on the bait stand? This might open a can of worms, but I was just thinking and Im not actually going to do it. I cant even bring myself to throw it away. Daniel

You are right about opening a can of worms, I'm sure if you used the meat as bait, and a trooper ran into your site. You would be hard pressed to talk you way out of a ticket. Better safe than sorry!!! In my experience meat or fish always brings in the grizz.

Default you chance

I think you should give it back to them. Bag it up and leave it at the door with a note that expresses your feelings.

The quick answer is no, you cannot use the moose meat for bait.

"The parts of fish and game that may be legally used as bait are heads, bones, guts, skin, or other parts of legally taken game not required to be salvaged"

Find a musher to give it to.
    I got a ticket back in 1993 for using a couple of freezer burnt salmon at my bait stand. In case your curious the going rate in 1993 for 3 salmon on your bait pile was $100.

Is TVM still open? I noticed the other day when I went by that their sign isn't out any more.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by CaptT View Post
    You are right about opening a can of worms, I'm sure if you used the meat as bait, and a trooper ran into your site. You would be hard pressed to talk you way out of a ticket. Better safe than sorry!!! In my experience meat or fish always brings in the grizz.
    I figured lol. The thought crossed my mind only, and thought Id see what eas said here. But your so right, personally I never use fish or meat cause I dont want to smell rotting crap on stand.

and walk-in I went there a few weeks ago during the time the phone message says too and they had a sign out saying they where closed? So I dont know whats the deal. And then today I n oticed the manager of the place at the time my meat was taken in had an add in the paper advertising his Taxidermy buisness now. Dont think I could handle a rotting mount on the wall in the house wathcing it drip goo and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Dont think I could handle a rotting mount on the wall in the house wathcing it drip goo and what not.
    Now, that right there is funny. I don't care who you are.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison