Thread: Petersville Road

Default Petersville Road

Looking at baiting off of Oil Well Road. Any trouble getting a mile out from cabins in this area? How about bear density?

Oil well has cabins just about everywhere along the road. If you go to the end of the road, near I believe Amber lake you can find some access with out a cabin on it. I hunted the area a few years back. We did OK early in the season. But did have lots of Grizz in the area.

I we have a cabin on amber lake if you find a spot to set up a stand most like you will be with in 1 mile os someones cabin. Go to google earth and take a look. I wanted to set up there too just couldn't find a spot. Ever since they fixed the road its been flooded with people. heck it hard even to get pike in lake and spacue hnes never see them along the road anymore. There are lots of bears just to many cabins. Just about every trail of oil well road goes to a cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptT View Post
    Oil well has cabins just about everywhere along the road. If you go to the end of the road, near I believe Amber lake you can find some access with out a cabin on it. I hunted the area a few years back. We did OK early in the season. But did have lots of Grizz in the area.

I have a cabin on kroto creek,lots of cabins and more baiters then you can shake a stick at,use your wheeler and head down the trail system at mi 17, just be aware there are lots of locals and non locals baiting,the further you get out the less traffic......tough to run trails until the second week in may.....fyi....
    I ♥ Big Sheep

Default go to Matsugov.com

You can also go to Matsugov.com and the maps section. When it works, you can get a ariel photograph with all the property lines over layed on top.
    I thought about it a few years back but looked to be tuff to find a spot, not only a mile from a cabin but not on private property.

Thanks for the matsu web site... Not working right now, however I will be checking back regularly. It should come in extremely helpful planning my dm408 hunt!