Thread: Admiralty Island Hunt

Default Admiralty Island Hunt

Hunted DB212 on Kodiak, Prince Of Wales and numerous other areas in the interior for bear. I don't need a guide, but I am looking for a local with a boat or zodiac to help me out with Admiralty Island Hunt. I want to take my three son-in-laws with me (probably only one will make it) on their first hunt with me. Rather do it along, but wife says i need to bond with with young new son-in-laws. GOD help me, I have 6 daughters, will I ever have peace again? Any info or if you have hunted there before, I would greatly appreciate it. One thing I have learned, nothing is better than talking to a fellow brother who has done that, been there. I am more than willing to discuss the in and outs of Frazier Lake on Kodiak and POW, where two out of three of my bears had skulls over 21". Thanks in advance and GOD Bless!

BigHorse should be able to hook you up

Thank you for the info!

Default Too far

Admiralty is just too far for my tastes. With a large boat load I like to stay closer to Sitka and Baranof Island. I make exceptions for spring black bear but I'll be traveling light and solo to extend my cruising range.

If your hunting party flies into Sitka and charters a plane the sky is the limit and you could even hunt nice bears on Baranof.

Looking for water transport.........Kake is a good option for southern Admiralty.

I don't have or know of a Zodiak craft here in Sitka. There are a few for sale around town for like 3k with motor.

I too have daughters.....I wonder what the future holds for my son-in-laws.

Default Admiralty

AKABEARMAN-

Depends on if you want to hunt north end or south? Set up a camp, rent a forest service cabin, or stay on a boat to be mobile? I grew up in Juneau and Admiralty is my old stomping grounds. Traplines, deer hunts, fishing, and yes bear hunts. I think a rental or pay of a boat out of Juneau wouldn't be much. Better yet, if you have a specific spot in mind, doing some dock walking and paying someone to hitch a ride out there. Also "milk run" seats are available with several flying outfits there, usually for a good price. But room is usually limited.

Sounds like you know how to hunt bears, its just getting you out there.

Default Hunt Admiralty

Hello,

Tried to send a PM but it would not let me. We have done this hunt twice and were going back last year but it fell through. I could give you what info I have if you like? Send me a contact # and a good time to contact you and I'll fill you in on what I know! I'm in Fairbanks.

Shawn
    AkBama

Sent you a message on your profile page, contact me via the email and we can go from there. Good luck on your hunt, its a great place to see and hunt over here on Admiralty.
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!

Thanks for the replies, appreciate that. When I get a little more time I will get back with you.....John