Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knowles and NPS

Default Knowles and NPS

http://www.adn.com/2010/04/27/125249...ointed-to.html

You folks that want to kill everything on four legs are gonna love this!

Opinions?

I'll run and put on the flame suit now.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

And this is news...um...how?

A predictable appointment.
    Proud to be an American!

Default .

Interesting.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

That's neat. Somebody finally found something to keep the Grizzly Burger guy busy in his latter years. Just in time for the NPS and their management expansion goals beyond park boundaries at Denali and Yukon Charlie, too.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    http://www.adn.com/2010/04/27/125249...ointed-to.html

You folks that want to kill everything on four legs are gonna love this!

Opinions?

I'll run and put on the flame suit now.
    well for clairification... i have yet to meet anyone that want to kill every thing on four legs

this should be interesting come Nov. when the governorship and state sovereignty issues come up...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Question Pos/Neg Factor?

There are many who connect Knowles to the entire state of the state....concerning increased numbers of predators and reduced numbers opf every other critter that walks on four legs.

Inform me. What can the appointment of Knowls to the NPS Advisory Board do to mess up anything involving NPS critters, or critter management?

Dennis

Default Not to worry

If any controversial votes come up Tony will just abstain...
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Default It goes beyond critters...

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    There are many who connect Knowles to the entire state of the state....concerning increased numbers of predators and reduced numbers opf every other critter that walks on four legs.

Inform me. What can the appointment of Knowls to the NPS Advisory Board do to mess up anything involving NPS critters, or critter management?

Dennis
    Tough to answer that without waxing political, Dennis.
    Proud to be an American!

Default Opps!

LOL X 100...Opps, the P word...

Well, then, I'm not sure what we can say here...

Fullkurl...have not saw many recent posts from you.
    Or have I simply missed them?
    Anyway, good to see you posting again...

dennis

LOL X 100...Opps, the P word...

Well, then, I'm not sure what we can say here...

I'm fairly certain that if the topic can directly pertain to Alaska Outdoors Related Political discussion it is allowed. Otherwise the Fisheries and Hunting Management sub forums would be rolling in tumbleweeds.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Discussion of politics as they relate to fish and game management issues are indeed OK for discussion. There's no getting around the fact that there is a political component to Alaska's management. Have at it...but please keep it respectful.

Cool Wheres AVALANCHE?

OK, ok...
    It was a sincere question, that some may not feel comfortable answering....or some may not know an answer...whatever. I know you guys tried. I'm good with all...
    I do know that I strongly disliked presenting proposals before the Board Of Game during the T.K. administration. They, the T.K. appointed BOG, seemed to act very disinterested, possibly even asleep, often.

Calling (really I'll email him...) AVALANCHE, the forum member formerly known as...

Perhaps, probably, you-bets-ya, I'll get an responce/answer ...

dennis

Default knowles lost me....

Knowles lost me while as Gov. claimed he would fight for Ak. rights against the Feds taking control of our river bottoms and then promptly went against his attorney general's advice (that Ak. had a very good case,) and did not challenge the Feds in Federal court. (See the Katie John Case) That decision cost the state of Ak the chance to control the destiny of much of our states rivers. Nice job, Knowles of suckering some of us in and having us believe a politician would do as he promised! I'll never trust him again.

It can possibly result in poor management advice (political instead of and in the face of contrary biological evidence), and even worse, might result in advice leading to further eroding cooperation between federal and state wildlife managers.

Quote Originally Posted by samsoniam View Post
    It can possibly result in poor management advice (political instead of and in the face of contrary biological evidence), and even worse, might result in advice leading to further eroding cooperation between federal and state wildlife managers.
    weren't you a big fan of this when it was Fish and Game doing it?

Angry

This bodes ill for Alaskan's. Tony sold Alaskan's short for personal gain many times. He was stumping for the Head of the Dept of Interior when he dismissed the Katie John suit. It should not suprise anyone that he was selected, based on his past.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

It reinforces my belief that even when voted out, politicians are like boogers, they're hard to get rid of.

I'm never shocked at political appointments or special commissions where "out of work" politicians are given jobs by their buddies still in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Meknowy View Post
    Originally Posted by samsoniam
    weren't you a big fan of this when it was Fish and Game doing it?
    No, I wasn't, and ADFG wasn't "doing it". I believe it was during the Knowles administration when Board of Game appointees (not ADFG biologists) became political issues again. I tend to read department recommendations and biological reports and base my opinions on that.

Quote Originally Posted by samsoniam View Post
    which would be different from now in what way?
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by upstream View Post

It reinforces my belief that even when voted out, politicians are like boogers, they're hard to get rid of.

I'm never shocked at political appointments or special commissions where "out of work" politicians are given jobs by their buddies still in office.

you mean like Scott Ogan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast