Thread: Odd F250 Diesel question...

Question Odd F250 Diesel question...

I know some of you have this type of truck so I'll ask; Where the heck is the spare tire jack located on this truck? I have a floor jack I have always used because I have never found the stock jack, the crank is attached to the top of the radiator, but where's the jack?
    Mine is a 1999 F250 Super Duty diesel extended cab. Has a bench seat that folds down, it isn't back there, and I can't find it inside engine compartment near the fenders either.

I have the same year truck. Stand on the passenger side of the truck. Pull up the bench seat. The jack should be mounted beneath the seat, right next to the back (passenger side) door.

If it's on the floor, there is nothing, no sign of a place for one, nothing. The carpet is completely attached and undisturbed there. Kind of a bump running along the length of the bench, but all carpeted and nothing. There is no room for one if that's where it would go.

You have a center console? check under there.

What does your owners manual say?

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    If it's on the floor, there is nothing, no sign of a place for one, nothing. The carpet is completely attached and undisturbed there. Kind of a bump running along the length of the bench, but all carpeted and nothing. There is no room for one if that's where it would go.
    Not on the floor. Off the floor, sort of mounted on the side of the pits that's created when you raised the bench. The jack mounts vertically there. Should be a little bracket that moves up and down with a little wheel to tighten the bracket once the jack is placed on it. If the jack's there, you'll see the jack. If the jack is gone, you'll have to look harder for the little bracket.

Manual says, under the back bench, shops say engine compartment. I have a bench front seat with a drop down center back rest. The cranks are on the radiator.

Talking

Should have bought a CHEV

Quote Originally Posted by gpaul99 View Post
    Should have bought a CHEV

Then he could never tow his Sea Sport.
    Tennessee

Under the hood, passenger side, behind the batt. kinda shoved in a hole in the inner fender, should be a screw type model, little wheel as mentioned you will have to take couple turns off it to loosen it up enough to come out. At least that is where mine is. Mine little older worth a look , and the handle is right in front on the rail from side to side looks like you should be using it to hold hood open with. I just reread looks like you found the handle part.

If it is a Super Duty F250 then the jack is/should be under the rear bench, if you have a pre-1999 F250 then it is/should be in the engine compartment. If the jack is in neither location then a gremlin ran off with it.

It appears we have quite a conundrum here in the forum this evening

Unhappy Found it...

...On a shelf at SEARS.

(Ford didn't fall on financial hard times like Chevrolet, they saved money by not making jacks for their vehicles.)

Strange. I have a 1999 (early) F-250 diesel, extended cab and it came with a jack but yours didn't.

I've got a 2008 F250 diesel, and it's under the back seat on the right side. It's mounted to the floor.

behind the back seat on my 99 superduty, but mines a crew cab. Maybe someone took yours out of your truck? Maybe a previous owner? Sometimes they just go missing.

Just by pass the barrel jack they don't work very well anyway. I carried a floor jack in both my Ford and the Dodge heavy trucks. You will be much happier in the long run.
    Good luck

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Sounds like Meyers got Fords limitted edition.