Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen antlers and lynx

Default Stolen antlers and lynx

I don't know if anyone here can help or not. We had one set of moose antlers, two sets of caribou antlers and a mounted lynx and some other items stolen from our old place on Chena Hot Springs Road. I know the antler don't have a huge value to other people but they have a lot of sentimental value to us. I have contacted several places I know buy antlers here in Fairbanks but I don't know what else I can do. If you have seen these anywhere or have any info please let me know. I am attaching photos of the antlers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are pictures of the other caribou antlers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Good place to post

What a drag, those are some nice racks and good memories in 'em

Hope you find them, this is a good place to post pictures
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Just in case....are the antlers mounted (full, european, etc)?
    Are the velvet antlers still velvet? I would keep an eye on Craigslist ads...usually thieves aren't too smart; they just may post them for sale. And...put your own ad on there in case some parents have some antlers/lynx suddenly show up at home.
    Good luck.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Good luck retrieving your treasures, I hope the worthless pukes are caught.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Really burns me up...

Wow, that sucks!

I can't believe you got the cork screw bull!!! I have video of that guy in Deadhorse. I couldn't believe him when I saw him, and thought he would look incredible on the wall. I'm really bummed to hear you had him and somebody took it.

Where did you shoot him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3oE4skSkzU

Default That sucks!

Wow, that would be a tough one to take. I'll keep my eyes open. That odd caribou rack should stand out pretty darn good. I'll do some checking around in the Wasilla area for you.

Good Luck.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Default craigs list

I would place an add on craigslist as your wanting to buy horns. As mentioned above probably some young punk that will try to sell them. As not many people are into other peoples trophies they will be more than likely be sold locally. Keep your eyes and ears posted and they might turn up. Also I would run an add in the local paer for a reward for items returned or for information. I am a big supporter of some third world countries policy on thieves lol. I met a fellow who had a hand missing in Iraq during an interrogation I asked the interperter to ask him how it happened the iraqi disclosed he was caught stealing. To bad our country couldnt adopt such a policy would be a lot less thieves. I will keep my eyes and ears open as well.

Best of Luck, Big 27
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post

I can't believe you got the cork screw bull!!!
    I cant either!

I saw that and immediately thought "That looks like the bull Jerod got video of!"

Akjamal,
    Sorry to hear about the theft of your antlers! That really sucks! I've had some antlers stolen over the years so I know how you feel.

This is exactly why I wish selling antlers would be illegal. It really brings out the worst in people. It's a **** shame!

I will keep a look out and if you don't mind I'll send the pictures to a few people I know in the antler dealing business.

dude that freaking sucks. Sorry to hear that. On a side not try contacting the local Taxidermists also, as I know mine buys Sheds etc....and call the local Auction houses as they do consignments and they could turn up there. Daniel

Keep and eye out on Ebay, that's where a friend of ours found some of his trophies that were stolen. They were traced out of state and were returned once identified.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys. I have started calling all the taxidermists and pawn shops in town.

AK Dux- all three were just on the skull plate. The one in velvet was still in velvet.
    Jerod - That video is great! I wish I had found out you had that under different circumstances. Thanks for sharing. I got him just south of the closed area along a dead slough of the Sag. He was traveling with three other nice bulls at the time. We watched them coming for close to a mile. I don't hunt for the rack but when we saw him coming he was the one I kept my eyes on.

I got video of him at Lake Colleen, he was headed south with a half dozen pretty decent bulls and the last I saw him he was almost to the air strip. I wouldn't doubt that you got him within a day of my video. The video was taken around 9pm at night if I remember right. I can see the tine development on the top of his right antler is identical in both of our pictures. I have a lot more video of him, but condensed it for the youtube video. That bugger walked within 5 feet of me. I thought he was toying with me and knew where the no hunting zone was, but I guess he went a little too far south.

Congrats again on getting him, and I sincerely hope you get all of your antlers and mounts back.

Call all the Taxidermists, and have them be on the watch for them. The idiots are not smart enough to make thier own memories, they may just try to sell them just to get rid of them. I will keep my eye's open, you never know. Good luck.
    Alaska Mountin' Man Taxidermy
    North Pole, Ak 99705
    (907) 488-7083

I called all the taxidermists I could get a hold of. Also called the tannery and a couple of craft places in town that buy antlers. They are keeping an eye out for them. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it. Will give a reward for any info leading to a recovery. Thanks to everyone keeping an eye out!

also check alaskalist.com they have a section for fur and antlers, that just plain sucks what happy, hope you catch the scumbag

Default Did you recover them? Because.....

My Taxidermist and I where talking about this and then he tolod me some dude called him to see if any antlers came in with the descriptions and he said yeah a young kid came in here, and the dude described the kid and my Taxi confirmed it....anyhow was that you? Or is there more thieving going on around town?....
    BTW! the kid said he needed money to pay his rent, this is why my Taxi bought them.

That was not me. I'm still out there looking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast