Thread: Moose in prince william sound.

Default Moose in prince william sound.

Has anyone ever hunted moose in PWS? Is there a certain area to go to? I couldn't help but notice that 6D's bag limit is any bull. I might gear up for moose along with halibut this fall if there is a chance to get one. Anyone ever had success or seen moose in the sound? I'd be going from Whittier. Thanks

very few along the coast, but ive heard people have seen moose in kings bay and johnstone bay, i personally have never seen any....that being said, the country is very rugged with very limited accessibility to good hunting grounds. if you decide to go, good luck.

Release Lake Trout

Default Nope. Nothing to see here move along.

I have heard that the head of Kings Bay has a few up the Nellie Juan River, but if you look closely that is unit 7. Cordova would probably be your best bet. I suspect that you would have a better chance seeing a mermaid out there than a moose. I spend 40 plus days a year out there and I have yet to see either.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Plenty of opportunity for moose around Cordova, but you won't get one on a boat hunt. You'd have to come moor in the harbor and then head out the road for your hunt.

My inlaws do a moose hunt every year from their tender, but they still use airboats to go ashore to do the actual hunting. That's the only way to get around over on the delta.

Default I saw a cow

It was pretty late, right around dusk, the tunnel was getting ready to close for the day. She burst through the timber doors of the Whittier Inn and ordered an MGD and a shot of Wild turkey. Obviously in rut. Still trying to scrub that image from my brain. Good luck, you should do well on an antlerless tag, if you use the right bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Seinerman View Post
    It was pretty late, right around dusk, the tunnel was getting ready to close for the day. She burst through the timber doors of the Whittier Inn and ordered an MGD and a shot of Wild turkey. Obviously in rut. Still trying to scrub that image from my brain. Good luck, you should do well on an antlerless tag, if you use the right bait.

was it a young or an old cow? you could scrubbed the image from brain right then and there at the bar if you wanted to, provided you stayed away from the dangerous animals.

Release Lake Trout