Thread: 600 Yamy Grizzly

Default 600 Yamy Grizzly

OK I'm looking to up date my ride to something newer. Right now I ride a 95 King Quad and all the buddies I ride with have larger machines. Now when it comes to mud and the like I can go pretty much any where they do but up the hills and on hard pack I'm way back in the dust. Anyway I have a chance to possibly upgrade to a 2000 600 Grizzly as the price seems right, but I'm not familiar with these machines. One guy in our group just got a 660(I think) Grizzy last fall but I've only seen it once, the rest are Polaris or Arctic Cats. Anybody have any ideas on the possible weeknesses of these machines, you know... just what am I going to have to drag out the tools to look for that isn't something you can inspect in the sellers garage. Any advice is welcome... Thanks
    Mick

Go over to www.grizzlycentral.com and ask those guys.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

+1 on Grizzlycentral. I ride A lot and see the 660's everywhere, and all the owners I have talked to love them. I have an 09 grizzly 550, and I have litterely sank it, crashed it, plowed with it, towed with it, and It cartweeled 250 yds down a mountain, and came out with only a bent handlebar. (and I rode it out of the trail) Yamaha Really does make a Great reliable machine.

I might pass on the Grizzly 600 if I were you. Try to find a 660. If you are set on the Grizzly 600 I would not pay more than $800 - $1000 for it.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Default Well it's a done deal

I paid what NADA shows for a high value for it as it was in good looking shape.(never know whats under the hood though till you get it home) I plan on taking a test ride this weekend around the swamps in Willow to see what it will do and see just what problems might arise. I will say one thing though. I know from the test ride when I bought it that it will be a little more exciting than the ol' king Quad! Now will it go as far or farther?