Thread: Motor Lift for Grumman 19fter

Default Motor Lift for Grumman 19fter

My bad if this has been covered already... but I am looking for a commercially available motor lift for my older Grumman square stern.

I would also be interested in seeing what other members canoe trailers look like. I am modifying a new Roadrunner small boat trailer with a long tongue for use with my 19 ft and 15'9'' Grummans. I am building a a sub floor platform for gear under the trailer and would like to see how others have rigged their canoe trailers.

Thanks.

Default canoe lift

Quote Originally Posted by Pksgundogs View Post
    My bad if this has been covered already... but I am looking for a commercially available motor lift for my older Grumman square stern.
    Welcome to the forum PK. So far as commercially available, good luck with that; I think there's none. Pete Weaver in Fairbanks has the original Klingel (sp?) design now and if you're serious that's where you need to go. He's more a welder guy than a computer or phone guy, and is hard to get ahold of; he works at a welding shop in FBKS. (don't have the number right now). Does someone else?

Default Name

Pete weaver is the name of the guy he works in North Pole at the welding place by the diner, I had his number but I lost it

Default Look here...

Check out this thread for lots of information on the lifts and the guy in Fairbanks who makes some (http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...lift+fairbanks)

Hope that helps.

Default Motor lift

Thanks to all... I will find the welder in Fairbanks the next time I am in town.

Default Canoe trailer

I am in the process of building a trailer to haul a single fiberglass 16 foot square stern canoe and had to spend a fair amount of time looking for ideas online.
    The idea was for us to be able to carry the canoe, motor and all necessary gear in the trailer and be able to haul with a mini van and not the 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup.
    What we wound up with is a 4 foot by 8 foot utility trailer with 18" sides and an 8 foot tongue.
    There are bars welded underneath to support two uprights and a cross bar for the canoe to ride on.
    The gear needs to be secure so for now I am going to use a couple of lockable metal boxes but could easily add a top to the trailer with lockable compartments.
    It works out that the canoe will rest at just slightly above waist height and not need to be lifted onto a roof.

I can post some pics once it's finished but in the meantime here are some of the ideas we used:

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

Greg

Default Motor lift...

I hope you don't mind if I ask if anyone has used one of these motor lifts on a "non-aluminum" canoe with the polylink or plasic hull and aluminum gunnell...anyone?

Default New lift design

I have been working with Pete on a redisign of an old style lift that clamps to the transom.
    The motor clamps to the lift. Weighs about 20lbs. Gives a good 9-10 inches of lift.
    Setback is about 9". Should handle up to a 110 lb motor. Used to be quite popular years
    back for canoes and jon boats. The prototype is done and will have pictures soon.
    mike@boatshopak.com