Thread: Have you shopped at Chimo's in Wasilla Lately

Default Have you shopped at Chimo's in Wasilla Lately

I don't I hate to say it but the last couple times I've been in there it hasn't been a good experience. They have been very rude and almost arrogant. I even picked up a pistol, ammo and a holster and they were still rude. I just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience. I have to say I'm taking my business some were else.

Gunshops. What the heck is it? Semi-Monopoly, I guess.
    It seems to be a common theme.

I've heard of similar experiences with some ammo manufacturers.
    I guess IF you're one of the only games in town, or you have "name recognition" you can afford a BAD ATTITUDE/arrogance and get away with it...
    for awhile.

For the most part you'll get similar responses. They seem to come up about every 6 months or so in here.

Hmmm, had exact opposite experience in there. Guy came from around the counter, politely explaining the problem he was having getting the primers I wanted. I picked up a few things, paid and left.

(And, promptly found the primers I wanted up the road at SW!)

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter View Post
    I don't I hate to say it but the last couple times I've been in there it hasn't been a good experience. They have been very rude and almost arrogant. I even picked up a pistol, ammo and a holster and they were still rude. I just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience. I have to say I'm taking my business some were else.
    That can happen there.

You never know what to expect. Because of that, I don't go there much, but I do sometimes, when I'm desperate enough. I have bought a few things there. (When the moon was right, and they had their coffee, I guess.)

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I have the same problem at Chevron, Carrs, and Wal Mart. I just shop these more often and it does not seem so strange just someone having a bad day.

If someone is rude at a gun store I'll ask (very nicely) if they are having a bad day. This usually changes the tone of the conversation if not there are lots of gun stores.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

I stay out of that place because I have seen others treated badly their myself. I'm a big fan of Boon dockers in Eagle river. I like the way they treat me in that shop and I have bought a lot of rim fire ammo in their. Bought some guns in their also. They sure have treated me all right for a lot of special-orders, I all ways prepay and they get to the whole sellers quick to take care of my needs. The only time they give me any grief is over brands to save me some money. Nice folks to deal with, if you like old time service.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post

If someone is rude at a gun store I'll ask (very nicely) if they are having a bad day. This usually changes the tone of the conversation if not there are lots of gun stores.

I love that.

Considering that every day is a bad day: viz, the inventory system has double entries, the wrong gun gets rung up, all 4 phone lines are ringing off the hook, a machine broke, we sell parts faster than we make them, the toilet gets plugged, Im out of cigarettes, the stack of paperwork on my desk exceeds the lies of politicians, manufacturer promises aren't kept, folks cant show up on time, the toilet plugged again, the network went down, some stickyfingers lifted a magazine, its 10am and Im on my 20th stupid question and my balls itch, anyone who has the kindness and sympathy to ask and feel my pain gets a discount.

As many of you well know. Coffee and Mt Dew also help ease my pain, donations welcome.

The good news is that the Webley No 4 is now present and can be worshipped with me in the fine gun room

"we sell parts faster than we make them" this, for you, makes a bad day?? Perhaps it is time for you to make a career change.

To answer the first question, no I don't even bother goiing there anymore.

Double retail pricing is usually good enough of a reason to stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    I love that.

Considering that every day is a bad day: viz, the inventory system has double entries, the wrong gun gets rung up, all 4 phone lines are ringing off the hook, a machine broke, we sell parts faster than we make them, the toilet gets plugged, Im out of cigarettes, the stack of paperwork on my desk exceeds the lies of politicians, manufacturer promises aren't kept, folks cant show up on time, the toilet plugged again, the network went down, some stickyfingers lifted a magazine, its 10am and Im on my 20th stupid question and my balls itch, anyone who has the kindness and sympathy to ask and feel my pain gets a discount.

As many of you well know. Coffee and Mt Dew also help ease my pain, donations welcome.

The good news is that the Webley No 4 is now present and can be worshipped with me in the fine gun room
    You know they make a powder for that. How are you...... feeling today?

Quote Originally Posted by pak View Post
    "we sell parts faster than we make them" this, for you, makes a bad day?? Perhaps it is time for you to make a career change.

It is when you are scrambling daily to fill back orders.

And I like my career, there needs to be someone in town who knows everything about guns

Quote Originally Posted by seant View Post
    You know they make a powder for that. How are you...... feeling today?

You may owe me a new computer; and a box of kleenex to clean that and the coffe that came out of my nose!

careful I got an infraction for a post about them
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

After I saw them charging $40 for a brick of Federal when there was that 22 shortage, I never went back.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default When customers have the perception they are being gouged.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowLeadBullets View Post
    After I saw them charging $40 for a brick of Federal when there was that 22 shortage, I never went back.
    AND, that's not the only store that will lose business, because of the way they responded to the shortage of ammo, and reloading componets.

They made their bed, and they can sleep in it.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    I love that.

Considering that every day is a bad day: viz, the inventory system has double entries, the wrong gun gets rung up, all 4 phone lines are ringing off the hook, a machine broke, we sell parts faster than we make them, the toilet gets plugged, Im out of cigarettes, the stack of paperwork on my desk exceeds the lies of politicians, manufacturer promises aren't kept, folks cant show up on time, the toilet plugged again, the network went down, some stickyfingers lifted a magazine, its 10am and Im on my 20th stupid question...
    Reminds me, have you guys got any Buffalo Bore .380auto yet? (maybe in a 200gr. HP slug)
    I want the BEST in a defensive .380 round.

since the opening post of this thread clearly violated the "negative comments about a business or individual" rule in our forum FAQ I am locking this one down. I would also like to say that I have purchased 3 guns from Chimo's in the last year. They have taken a great amount of their time working with my wife to help her find both her first hunting rifle and then later her first handgun. In recent years I have had nothing but the best experience in that shop.