Thread: Anchorage lake ice condition

Default Anchorage lake ice condition

Here are some shots from Jewell, Campbell Point and DeLong lake taken a couple hours ago.

Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Should only be a week or two before all the lakes are clear, I managed to find enough open water at jewel today to catch about 10 little rainbows. Summers almost here

I did a similar scouting mission last Saturday and saw a guy ice fishing on Cambell just past the dock (you can see his hole in the picture).

Default Lakes Thawing

I checked Green and Hillberg lakes on Elmendorf yesterday, about 3 feet of water near shore. Still a few days away with this nice weather.

Quote Originally Posted by hartz View Post
    I did a similar scouting mission last Saturday and saw a guy ice fishing on Cambell just past the dock (you can see his hole in the picture).

Quote Originally Posted by missingmontana View Post
    I checked Green and Hillberg lakes on Elmendorf yesterday, about 3 feet of water near shore. Still a few days away with this nice weather.
    You happen to be in a white car? I was scouting the lakes yesterday as well and kept running in to a white car making the rounds out there. I was in a red durango, stopped at upper six mile to walk my dog a bit before I headed back home. Drove down to fish lake too. Still froze over but the walkway to the dock is clear, may head down this weekend and just punch a hole in the ice off the dock. Was really muddy down there, had to put it in 4 wheel drive to get turned around.

Theres 15-20' ice free shorline in one spot on Jewel. I caught a bunch of little hatchery Kings and a couple rainbows. Ice should be gone here pretty soon.

I fished Cheney lake yesterday for an hour. I had one bite and that was it. Not much open water. I walked there today, and more open water. didn't fish today b/c of the rain.

Hey, Bilder! Fancy seeing you here.

I scouted Canoe, Irene, Long, and Finger lakes this past Sunday. Finger was essentially ice free as far as I could see from the campground access area, where lots of folks had lines wet. Canoe was ½-to-⅔ clear. Irene was up to ½-clear. Long was still pretty locked up except for the eastern ¼.

Jewell lake has been ice free for a few days now. Fished on Tuesday evening and got nothing, no one else was having much luck either.

Campbell Point had an open patch near the parking lot on Tuesday, probably much larger today if not ice free altogether.

Delong is about the same as Campbell Point. Some open patches and should be clear any day now.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

This is not a fishing lake but Lake hood opened up last night
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    This is not a fishing lake but Lake hood opened up last night
    I always wanted to sneak over and see if the "pike eggs got moved by float planes" theory had any merit.