Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any hits yet

Default any hits yet

O.K. bait is in the field and the work is and the stand is in place. So,,, who is getting hit and in what unit?

I will start it of with Unit 16A no hits yet.

It's still a bit early for just about everywhere. Guy on this board said he shot a nice bear in 16A a few days ago.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

As of last Friday no hits yet on our bait in Fairbanks, but now husband is in Kodiak with a buddy so I'll have to wait a bit to see. We have trail cams set up to see when they start though. In the past, they haven't started to hit until the beginning of May on our site.

Talked to a couple of guys today that bait around the area we do, and they said they get bears in this time of year though...HMMM!!!

If brown bears count, I had one already clean me out in one of my sites in 7. Leavin it empty for a week or so and see if he moves on about his business or hangs around. Either way it is always nice to get some fresh pics of big brown bucket heads. Not expecting too much for maybe another 2 weeks at best, but that's just my guess and I hope I'm wrong...Best of luck to all

No hits yet either, but I havent put bait out. But once I do, I'll have bears in within a few hours. I just need to wait for two rivers to open up dangit.

Quote Originally Posted by B&C 04 View Post
    If brown bears count, I had one already clean me out in one of my sites in 7.

There are Brown Bears in unit # 7...........????

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    There are Brown Bears in unit # 7...........????

Your right, no bownies in 7, after further camera review the verdict is it was a "Koala Bear" on 'roids with a pigment discoloration.

Default none yet

had bait out for 2 weeks in 14a with no luck. Been doing several burns. Also got back to 16a with no hits as of last night. hung stands and did a burn. hard hike with the current snow up there.

Exclamation

I've been hit by a black bear in Unit 7!!! Must be a rogue.

I got my barrel put in the weekend of the 18th, but broke off a couple lag bolts trying to get my camera set up, so we went back this weekend. Found a bunch of black hairs in the bottom of my keg and a few kernels of my bait.

Must not have been a big black bear because my feed hole is only 4.5 inches wide and he could reach the bottom of the barrel judging by the scratch marks on the inside bottom.

I'll have pictures soon. The camera is up.

Taylor

-[]--------->

14A No hits yet, just checked. Still alot of snow.
    -Caleb-

Still waiting on the Big-Su to open to get the bait out hoping it will be out by May 15

Just got the news, the river Im on is not open, but the two tributaries that dump into are, come on river....melt faster.

I have had no hits on the Elliott Highway just claw marks on the trees around the area but my buddy shot one around the Ft Greely he still won't tell me where thou

Default None in 20A

Had the bait out, but no hits yet. Not surprised though because it is usually early May before much is happening around here. Seems like they should be out with the weather as nice as it is though...

Default not yet

Bait out but no hits yet. Should be soon though there were some green leaves popping out. This rain tonight will help to!

I saw a small blackie on the Palmer Hay Flats today, along side the train tracks. Shouldnt be too long before baits are getting hit!

Default No hits in 6D

as of two nights ago.

Louis

Thumbs down Grizz visit 20D

Had one site that had about a two week "soak". Checked it last night and it was demolished. No food, crib destroyed, barrel smashed and camera is MIA (possibly KIA). I decided to let this site go dry for a couple weeks and focus on another site. The Grizz have really moved in the last couple years. Quite frustrating...... At least it was a cheap camera and if I ever find it and am able to still pull pic's, I'll post them to expose the perpetrator.

Default 20D

Thats why ive moved out of 20D. three years ago had 2 nice blackies take from that stand. The last two years not one pic of a blackie. Over 600 pics of griz though. Good luck. Hillbilly

Lots of grizzly's between Delta and Tok, both off the road and off the river. Amazing how the griz have taken over that region and so few black bears coming into the baits anymore. Theres a few but not like it used to be.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast