Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Subsistence hunters protest new duck-stamp requirement

Default Subsistence hunters protest new duck-stamp requirement

"I'm not going to buy a duck stamp because I'm not a sport hunter," he said."

Now that funny:

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2010/04/25/124997...#ixzz0mE7XCklF

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...isplay.php?f=2

What a load of ****.
    Weve been required to buy a State and Fed stamp since I can remember.
    Everyone I konw just buys them as normal, what is wrong with the North Slope Borough???
    If the guy cant afford it, the state one is free......
    I wonder why this come up now......?
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

The avcp prez can shove that bull pucky straight up his rear end.
    As soon as i heard that crap i thought what a load of ****.

They have known for at least 5yrs that this was coming.

If they can afford soda,cigs,chips and bingo than they can afford the stamp.

Reading the comments from the said artical, sounds like racisam is alive and well.

Do I think they need to buy a stamp, yes, but they should'nt have to buy one for the spring, then another for the fall.

I'm not sure by reading the artical if this was a year long stamp, or a spring time stamp.

I've lived in the villages and seen what the spring time means to some of them that live out there, and I'm talking small villages, not Bethel, Kotz, Galena,- places like Chalchisik, Rampart,Birch Creek,Ruby,Emmonack,Sheldon Point, Platium, etc.

Needs to be more info out there to make a creditable deduction about this for us that are not in the know.

I know I could look it up, but I dont have much luck doing that.

Default and

Quote Originally Posted by Badriverman View Post
    The avcp prez can shove that bull pucky straight up his rear end.
    As soon as i heard that crap i thought what a load of ****.

They have known for at least 5yrs that this was coming.

If they can afford soda,cigs,chips and bingo than they can afford the stamp.

add pull tabs

Well, Rock Skipper, lets just chalk it up to Good 'ol Boys who are protesting another Tax by the guys over the hill and far away.
    Thats as American as can be, and we are rewarded with conservation efforts from those tax $$$ so its both ways.
    Might add , and you as well have probly seen,is that the feds stamp at the Post office used to not be issued till fall, after the Spring hunt and we were on a "Last years stamp" as a valid birdstamp , and in many places the State stamp as totally unavailable, sooooo to have a cop enforce the law is madening, when those that issue them, dont...

Fact is, the Fin and Feather cops I talk to understand the problem, and roll with whats working.Both of my bird stamps are current 2010 and thsi is the first time.

I pay the tax and so does anyone else who cares about the habitate that those birds need when the are not in Alaska, as the Feds spend alot down that way improving things, so I protest the protesters.....~~LOL!!~~

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Reading the comments from the said artical, sounds like racisam is alive and well.

Do I think they need to buy a stamp, yes, but they should'nt have to buy one for the spring, then another for the fall.

I'm not sure by reading the artical if this was a year long stamp, or a spring time stamp.

I've lived in the villages and seen what the spring time means to some of them that live out there, and I'm talking small villages, not Bethel, Kotz, Galena,- places like Chalchisik, Rampart,Birch Creek,Ruby,Emmonack,Sheldon Point, Platium, etc.

Needs to be more info out there to make a creditable deduction about this for us that are not in the know.

I know I could look it up, but I dont have much luck doing that.
    Only need to get it once a year.
    Quite a few familys in Bethel still get birds in the spring to get them through till fishcamp time. It's a big part of their diet.
    Have also lived in smaller villages and seen what is done.
    Plus done it.

Thanks for the input stranger, but still a little confused.

If I read it right, your one time stamps are good for the spring, and the fall. Is that what I am hearing, if so what is the current argument about?

Are the people out there rebeling on the spring stamps, or all stamps?

Just looking for info.

Badriver, I seen you posted so I am editing this post to ask you the same thing. You live out there and seen this first hand, so any info on this subject is welcome.

Default Stamps

My read from the article is that they are protesting having to buy the stamps at all / ever, not protesting just a Spring stamp. I'm glad to hear the perspective from those of you who live / used to live out in the rural areas of the state. I think it is too bad that it is reportedly seen as another means of control instead of a program that is put in place to help conserve the resource.

Rock Skipper - I have some advice for you: NEVER read the comments below a public email page. I'm not sure why these are even there, but I have never read a collection of more idiotic, pointless, childish, racist, and offensive ramblings in my life. I can't believe the stuff people write in those comment boxes. It's so sad, it isn't even entertaining...

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

I was always under the impression that we needed to have duck stamps whether we were hunting spring subsistence or the regular season.
    Now what ?

Come on GR, it's a prespective that you don't get to see on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Come on GR, it's a prespective that you don't get to see on here.
    Hehe, okay, so maybe it can be a little entertaining some times... but I really do find them sad on the whole. It would make me laugh to think of how some of the more offensive posters would react if you told them you knew who they were, and that you were going to distribute fliers at their place of business with their name, photo, and some choice excerpts from their online blurtings...

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

lol, agreed.

Just gotta love what thoughts go through peoples minds every once in awhile tho.

If you share in the resource, you should share in its sustainment. Its very simple.

Can anyone hear that ? I dusted off my violin and began to play.

Yep, Rockskipper, the stamp is good for a year, spring and fall, summer too, if you need the occassional bird. I get 'em fat, before they nest and when the babies fly, slow, straight and Fat.

Summer up north is short anyway. Spring slurrs into Fall fairly quickly...

Right on BillS

They can afford a $15 box of shells but can not afford a $15 stamp ?
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default shame on game cops

shame on game cops for taking this long to start trying to enforce this in the 1st place. stamps came out a long time ago.
    the delay makes crooks feel deserving of special interests consideration.
    it makes no difference what your income is, this is everyones law and it benefits the resource for everyone.

12 gauge #2 shot 3" mag, my favorite all around bird load is 40$ a box, no kidding. 60$ in some places at times, depends on the demand and supply. New ammo dont get here till the Barge in July.

Fed stamp is 15$ , state stamp is 5$, and the state stamp is free if your low income.

Default I was pissed....

too when I found this out! Not really, will go buy one. It hasn't been that easy to get them in the past though, so the fed's and state have kind of screwed the pooch on this one.

Don't buy that fact that they can't "afford" a stamp. I bet they have a pack of cig's in their pocket though, and those are about $15 a pack!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast