Thread: Lifting Inflatable On/Off Boat

Default Lifting Inflatable On/Off Boat

Anyone know of a good way to get an inflatable on and off the top of the boat? That thing is so heavy (8' Alaska series) that we don't get off the boat when we go out because it is too hard. We're trying to figure out a rope and pulley system but it hasn't worked right yet.

I hear ya'! I use the armstrong method and everytime I launch mine I think to myself how impossible this would be for someone with less beef. It is only a matter of time before I or my helper slip and go in the drink lifting it on and off the roof! Probably why old rich guys have giant boats with cranes on them.

could you put something like this on you boat:

http://www.boatloader.com/inflatables.html

That's an idea. It wouldn't work for mine because of the bow on the front and cover on the back. I stand on the bow and drag it up on to that then lift it again to the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by sahawker View Post
    Anyone know of a good way to get an inflatable on and off the top of the boat? That thing is so heavy (8' Alaska series) that we don't get off the boat when we go out because it is too hard. We're trying to figure out a rope and pulley system but it hasn't worked right yet.
    What kind of boat?

Quote Originally Posted by sahawker View Post
    Some more information about what obstacles you have to work around on your boat would help. Do you have a picture? What is the layout of the boat (roof/bow/stern)? Antennas to avoid? Radar tower/rack?