Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analog Guy In A Digital World

Red face Analog Guy In A Digital World

I have a short list of questions that I'm sure have been answered in other threads but I didn't feel like whittling through all these treads so forgive me if this is repetitive.
    1. what does the acronym IMHO mean? Its been driving me batty
    2. people quote just parts of someones post--How do you do that? I only know how to quote the whole post
    I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way thats why I created this thread in the spirit of idiots every where

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I have a short list of questions that I'm sure have been answered in other threads but I didn't feel like whittling through all these treads so forgive me if this is repetitive.
    1. what does the acronym IMHO mean? Its been driving me batty
    2. people quote just parts of someones post--How do you do that? I only know how to quote the whole post
    I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way thats why I created this thread in the spirit of idiots every where
    1. IMHO= In My Humble Opinion

2. When you do the quote, leave the brackets and delete what ever you want just leaving the brackets at the beginning and end.

Steve

thank you Steve
    I can't give any more rep points today but you're at the top of the list tomorrow

When U C a new TLA or FLA and you're like WTH, go http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

As for the quoting, you can make anything you want be in the quote box by simply placing [ quote ] without any spaces (include the brackets) at the beginning and then [ /quote ] also without any spaces at the end.

Everything you type or copy/paste in between will be in a quote box like this!
    Good luck!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

http://www.internetslang.com/all.asp

More than you should ever need.

Mike

Here we go w/ another dumb, albeit serious question.
    If I become a premium member like AlaskaChuck, JOAT and a few other cool (stable) people I've grown to admire around here, do I lower my chances of getting banned when I go off on one of my emotional tirades

If I become a premium member like AlaskaChuck, JOAT and a few other cool (stable) people I've grown to admire around here, do I lower my chances of getting banned when I go off on one of my emotional tirades
    I can only speak for myself, but I apply the rules equally no matter 1 post or 1000 post.

One trick I use when I get into an emotional debate, I write it in word or as a text and wait awhile and come back and reread it, then I decide if I still want to post it.

I thought you was one of the cool people anyway.
    Last edited by stid2677; 07-21-2010 at 19:25.

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I apply the rules equally no matter 1 post or 1000 post.

One trick I use when I get into an emotional debate, I write it in word or as a text and wait awhile and come back and reread it, then I decide if I still want to post it.

aw shucks
    and good advice!
    Last edited by stid2677; 07-21-2010 at 19:25.

Do you actually know Chuck
    I wouldn't call him stable, especially after a few wobbly pops!!!!

Last edited by stid2677; 4 Hours Ago at 18:25.
    Or, if you one of the moderators, you can just go back and edit any old post of yours any old time, instead of the few minute window that regular members have before they are no longer allowed to edit theirs.

Sorry stid, I just couldn't help myself there.... but you did do just that...
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 07-21-2010 at 23:49. Reason: Just because I wanted to go back and edit it - - - right away, of course. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Or, if you one of the moderators, you can just go back and edit any old post of yours any old time, instead of the few minute window that regular members have before they are no longer allowed to edit theirs.

Sorry stid, I just couldn't help myself there.... but you did do just that...
    Yep I fixed my bad spelling. You have 20 minutes to edit.
    Last edited by stid2677; 07-22-2010 at 00:35.

Yep I fixed my bad spelling. You have 20 ,minutes to edit.
    Yes, and you can go back and delete that errant comma in your post (above) any time you want. I get it, np. Users are disallowed from editing older quotes because they would do so, and then followon comments by others would look out of place because what they're talking about would no longer exist. At least that's my understanding of the reasoning... feel free to add/correct if I'm got it awry.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Yes, and you can go back and delete that errant comma in your post (above) any time you want. I get it, np. Users are disallowed from editing older quotes because they would do so, and then followon comments by others would look out of place because what they're talking about would no longer exist. At least that's my understanding of the reasoning... feel free to add/correct if I'm got it awry.
    That is correct.

Man, you must be an English teacher.

Default name callin'

Man, you must be an English teacher.
    Hey, is that a personal comment???

Nope, not a teach of any type, but I do greatly enjoy satire and all things satirical, even to the point where I see satire where others see none.

Thank you stid for that comment; I've been called quite a lot worse and name callin' like that can only help my reputation around here.

Same thing I do, no "homer" ref's here

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Same thing I do, no "homer" ref's here
    LM*O! I've graduated 2 lady Warriors I know exactly what your talkin about. Nothing holds a candle to Kodiak officiating however

New question
    ok, how do I put a quote on my posts. Some peeps have a quote at the bottom of every post. I tried to do this by editing my signature but that didn't work

New question
    ok, how do I put a quote on my posts. Some peeps have a quote at the bottom of every post. I tried to do this by editing my signature but that didn't work
    Click on "settings" in the upper left corner. Then on the right side you will see the signature button, type your quote into there and save.

Steve

Default invisible

My newest inquiry---Why are people trying to hide? Some people like to roll w/ there little green dot shut off so it looks like they're not logged in. They don't even appear at the bottom of the main page. I find this alarming, and want it stopped! It really scares me that people may be lurking in the shadows. Is there something I should know about? Wait, are there stalkers perving these pages? I think they should be exposed, should we set up a poll?
    Oh yeah I may as well ask what is up w/ the smileys?

Nobody answered my last question. Which brings me to my next question...Is it possible to be so obnoxious, yet stay w/in the forum rules, that a moderator would actually enable their ignore feature (iggy) on my posts? I'm pretty sure BrianM still monitors my activity but I think he leaves this section to the junior moderators. Maybe this is where I should post if I want to push the envelope..You hearin me greythorn3?
    Last edited by LuJon; 12-05-2010 at 10:30. Reason: No changees, just letting you know we are watching.... We are always watching

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast