Thread: SnipePod Lightweight Bipod

Default SnipePod Lightweight Bipod

While I was checking out the outdoor show I ran across an item that got my attention.
    The wife likes to shoot off a set of shooting sticks. They do provide an awesome rest, but can be a pain to carry around. So when I saw the SnipePod I was intrigued. We stopped by and started chatting with Terry the inventor and his wife. The entire setup is extremely light and sturdy. Flor really liked them, so we bought her one for her rifle. After checking it out real good, I decided I wanted one as well. Got a chance today to shoot with it today. The SnipePod proved to be very stable and easy to use. I look forward to more field testing but so far I'm very impressed.

Met a fellow forum member at the range for some shooting. He was trying out his new chrono. I ask him if he needed to borrow my extra tripod, he said no that he had it covered with his REDNECK tripod. "His words by the way" He did GIT-R-DONE. I did warn him that I was taking a photo of it. LOL

Enjoy the weather, good shooting all.

Steve

Steve,

I bought one of those early this winter for my predator gun. But I'll be swapping the sling bracket to my wife's .308 for hunting season. I am impressed with these little bipods as they are super compact and lightweight. I just need to get one more bracket for my other gun so we can share the bipod depending on who is shooting and who is backing up the shooter.

Great pics and review.

Default Snipes

Yeah, I have been using a Snipe Pod for about 12 years now. They are great especially for taller brush and blueberries and tundra. I also got to meet Terry while I was at the show. I found out they lived in Helena, Montana and I missed meeting them in their back door because I didn't know it last year when I lived 80 miles from Helena. Bummer. Helena is an awesome town by the way. Lots of cowboy history. Elmer Keith was raised there for a long time.

Default LOL!

It looks even worse in the pictures! I almost fell out of my chair when I opened up this thread! Wouldnt you know I went to Wal-Mart, and Fred Meyers and they were both sold out of tripods today.

Thanks for all of the tips and advice out on the range. I'll be at the bench all week after work.

As for the snipe pod, lightest piece of equipment of it's type I have ever held.

Thumbs up Out shooting too...

I was checking zero on the .300 WSM today only 7 hrs south of you at the Birchwood range...my redneckness was me using my box of ammo for a rest when shooting...didn't have my shooting bags with me...glad to see you out and about Steve...look forward to seeing ya in a month...

Chris

I took a look at those at the Sportsmans Show as well and was very impressed but didn't take the plunge for some reason. I still have a set of shooting sticks I carry around that have been used on two moose so didn't see the reason for buying another set just yet. Then again the SnipePod is way lighter than my current sticks.

Its good to see you all with some nice weather up there Steve. Nothing like shooting when it is warmer and the sun is out.

What's the bipod sell for???.I saw them at the Fairbanks show but was tied up with another matter...

They retail for $104.00.

Yea, the weather in Fairbanks this year has been awesome.

Look forward to seeing you Chris, Hope you get a bear this time...

Steve