Thread: Ideas on baiting in 20F?

Default Ideas on baiting in 20F?

Got a station set up in 20F; never done this before, so I was wondering if anyone had any experiences or advice for that area, right around Hess Creek? I got a good idea of what to use and all that, just curious as to wether anyone knows anything about black bear sightings/populations in that area.

it depends if your off the road or in a boat? I may be able to help out.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in AK View Post
    it depends if your off the road or in a boat? I may be able to help out.
    Hey daniel... bait is already set up according to the OP... and the rivers are frozen...

chsend... your in a good area. just be advised you will not be alone for long especially if you packed in the minimum distance. the highway up that way is heavily baited and hunted though most do rather well.. even with baits less then 1/2 mile apart in many cases. but it boils down to this on that highway... If you found a place to park others will too. as that is the primary thing restricting hunters is parking their truck safely on that road. be prepared to check your bait often. make sure YOUR signs are up... it is illegal for another hunter to hunt bait unless you put them on the permit as such... so if you post it... carry extra signs with you you.. make wooden ones etc... to make sure your claim stays staked...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I am off the road, no boat. But yes, I do need to make some extra signs. I am right off a pull off point there on the Dalton; I was really surprised when I set it up that no one else had put anything there yet, as I got it set a little late. Anyway, good advice. Thank you.

Matt

Exclamation there is folks there...

bears "were better" before the fire......02cents
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Quote Originally Posted by chsend22 View Post
    I am off the road, no boat. But yes, I do need to make some extra signs. I am right off a pull off point there on the Dalton; I was really surprised when I set it up that no one else had put anything there yet, as I got it set a little late. Anyway, good advice. Thank you.

Matt
    sent you a pm...