Thread: Kodiak Bear hunt DB228

Default Kodiak Bear hunt DB228

I was lucky enough to draw a fall brown bear tag for DB228. Whats the best way to hunt this area. Should I rent a 4 wheeler or get flown in? Is there a place to rent 4 wheelers in Kodiak? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hay, I drew that same tag. I was going to try to call all the people that drew and try to see who was all going to be hunting and when. Just so I can see how many people are going to be in there. I plan to hunt with a bow the first 10 days of the season. Haven't decided weather I'm going to ride in or fly in yet. Depends what everyone else is doing. I lived there for 9 months in 2008 /2009 and I don't think there is anywhere that rents ATVs.
    Good Luck
    Olin

This is the third thread I've asked the hunt area. I have hunted a lot of areas and permit but don't always remember the hunt number. I also don't want to look it up on my phone.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

This is the third thread I've asked the hunt area. I have hunted a lot of areas and permit but don't always remember the hunt number. I also don't want to look it up on my phone.
    Wild creek area... Fall 2010 Saltery area hunt. I am going with someone on the spring hunt (next spring!!)

As far as ATV rentals, there are rentals on the island, search Google for for ATV Rental Kodiak.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you know the area, as the pass can get snowed in pretty good.

Big bears out there... Just gotta know where to look.