Thread: Koyukuk Huslia

Default Koyukuk Huslia

Does anyone know anything about the prospect of getting three or four hundred gallons of gas in Huslia?

Thanks
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by willster33 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the prospect of getting three or four hundred gallons of gas in Huslia?

Thanks
    Will
    From what I've heard from several people, you'll have just about as much luck getting 3-4 hundred gallons as you would have getting 1 gallon of fuel in Huslia. And that would be zero. From what I understand it's next to impossible to get them to sell fuel to an outsider, and even if you live as close as Galena, you're an outsider.

Have to disagree. I was up near Huslia hunting last Sept and there was a hunting party running a really nice inboard jet boat. Seems they didnt carry enough fuel containers with them so they would run to Huslia every other night to fuel there tank and drums.
    Price for gas was actually cheaper than Galena (either .05 or .25, cant remember).
    The only complaint they had was they had to be at the pump at Huslia before they closed or they were SOL. And if they were on time they sometimes had to wait 15-20 minutes.
    Tennessee

Ya, I don't have any experience myself with Huslia. I never made it up that far, but everyone I talked to about getting fuel up there said pretty much the same thing. Things can change though.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply. It is tough finding anything out about Husila>
    Will