Thread: J-Wheelz

Default J-Wheelz

Any thoughts on this product:
    http://www.j-wheelz.com/index.html

I was going to get new tires for my 2008 Arctic Cat 400 4X4 auto and thought I may give these a try instead.
    All of my riding is in snow/gravel/tundra/pavement...I don't do any rock climbing.

It seems like they would really stabilize my tippy feeling Arctic Cat...and since they're just 7 lbs the 400 shouldn't have trouble turning them. I'm a novice though - let's hear from the experts!

Hmmmm. They would really limit where you ride up here. They may do well in open swampy country, but the majority of the trails I ride would stop those things dead in their tracks. Just my thoughts.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default kotz

For my application, in kotzebue, there's no trees or defined trails. I could understand how they'd make certain trails impossible to ride...and it'd be a pain to load on a trailer probably.

Default Give a report

If you do end up getting them make sure and post some pics and detail your experience.

I too would be concerned about narrow trails with trees or stumps, but for a trail that is wide/braided, and has lots of water and muck (Rex) might be worth looking at.