Thread: fair asking price for Yamaha F20?

Default fair asking price for Yamaha F20?

I'm looking to sell a Yamaha F20 (20 hp 15" shaft) outboard I bought new in 2007. Hours are very minimal as I still have about 1 hour of varying throttle left on the break in period. It is all manual (start, tillar and no power trim etc.). Only thing I can think of that could drop the value a little is I didn't do a fresh water rinse the last (and only) time I took it in the salt. See this thread for more input on that

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=72149

I'm pretty sure that no damage has been done based on the respones provided in the above thread and advice given by outboard savvy friends. I will fully disclose that fact to anybody who is seriously interested and will gladly start it up or take it out for a test run if a prospective buyer has a boat to mount it on.

My final asking price will be negotiable.

So what should I ask to start with?

Default This might help

I purchased this same motor (only difference is mine is a long shaft) used in Nov. '08. The motor was bought new in June of '08 and had approx. 12 hrs. on it, never in salt. It is in perfect condition not a scratch or anything. I paid $2300.00 for it, with a tank and hose.

Default Thanks

I was thinking around $2,000-$2,500 for mine w/no goodies. I need the tank for the 40 hp Jet I'm buying. Picking an outboard by trial & error sure is spendy

Quote Originally Posted by wyobohunter View Post
    I was thinking around $2,000-$2,500 for mine w/no goodies. I need the tank for the 40 hp Jet I'm buying. Picking an outboard by trial & error sure is spendy

I think 2000 is fair and probably a relatively quick selling price.

I bought my Yamaha F25 long shaft (manual start) here on the forum for $1800.00 in 2006.
    It was very clean and low hours...

Thought I got a good buy, guess I really did!
    Proud to be an American!