Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Bow and Grayling Intel???

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Peter's Creek Alaska
    Posts
    12

    Default Bow and Grayling Intel???

    Anyone have intel on fishing on Willow, Little Su, and Montana Creek? Any activity this spring?

  2. #2
    Member Raptor_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Made the drive up today to check it out. Little Su and Willow are open but running dirty. Montana is open and gin clear. Goose is open too. Sheep is open at the mouth and a small seam upsteam of the bridge. All others are pretty much still locked up. Fished Montana and Goose for a while with a few hits but no hook ups.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Peter's Creek Alaska
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Thanks for the info. I plan on taking a trip up there next weekend . . . itching to get the line wet.

  4. #4
    Member icb12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Made the drive up today to check it out. Little Su and Willow are open but running dirty. Montana is open and gin clear. Goose is open too. Sheep is open at the mouth and a small seam upsteam of the bridge. All others are pretty much still locked up. Fished Montana and Goose for a while with a few hits but no hook ups.
    Really? I thought I was the only one who wasted diesel just to see if the ice was gone yet.

    Only I'm not nice enough to tell everyone that they're open... I'll just go fishing and let them ask.. and ask.. and ask..

    It's cold tonight people, don't bother going North, everything will be frozen again in the morning. Better to stay on the flippin Kenai for the last few glorious days.

  5. #5
    Member muzzyman87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    Better to stay on the flippin Kenai for the last few glorious days.
    I completely agree. Fish it up boys while you can. Fishing in the rivers is over as of 1 May 2010!!!!!! But then we have the re-opener of the almighty to look forward to
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

  6. #6
    Member cube01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzyman87 View Post
    I completely agree. Fish it up boys while you can. Fishing in the rivers is over as of 1 May 2010!!!!!! But then we have the re-opener of the almighty to look forward to
    By 'the almighty' I'm assuming you mean Campbell Creek...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Peter's Creek Alaska
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cube01 View Post
    By 'the almighty' I'm assuming you mean Campbell Creek...

    Welcome Dustin! I thought I was going to get relevant info?

  8. #8
    Member icb12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cube01 View Post
    By 'the almighty' I'm assuming you mean Campbell Creek...
    Uh duh.

    Now we got a party! Welcome.

    Things could get mighty entur-resting round these here parts of the fishing forum.

  9. #9
    Member cube01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    416

    Default

    I'd been trolling here long enough - it was time to bite the bullet, sign up, and make a smart-aleck comment.

    P.S. In case you change your mind and want to head south, Campbell Creek is closed by emergency order until June 14th.
    (Relevent info ^)

  10. #10
    Member Raptor_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cube01 View Post
    I'd been trolling here long enough - it was time to bite the bullet, sign up, and make a smart-aleck comment.

    P.S. In case you change your mind and want to head south, Campbell Creek is closed by emergency order until June 14th.
    (Relevent info ^)

    Welcome to the forum cube but the reference to Campbell Creek was purely a joke
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Peter's Creek Alaska
    Posts
    12

    Default No Action

    No action no Montana and Goose Creek today. The weather was great and it was good to be on the water regardless.

  12. #12
    Member icb12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukla67 View Post
    No action no Montana and Goose Creek today..

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukla67 View Post
    The weather was great and it was good to be on the water regardless.


    10 minimum

  13. #13
    Member cube01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Welcome to the forum cube but the reference to Campbell Creek was purely a joke
    I don't get it - Why joke about Campbell Creek??

    Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post




    10 minimum
    No, no fish - COLD water though, and not an aquatic insect to be seen anywhere.

  14. #14
    Member scott_rn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage
    Posts
    803

    Default

    There was a good caddis hatch happening on the willow today but I only saw two rises the whole float from the highway down. A dude with me had one fish strike a nymph (pheasant tail type) but it was a little slow.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Peter's Creek Alaska
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scott_rn View Post
    There was a good caddis hatch happening on the willow today but I only saw two rises the whole float from the highway down. A dude with me had one fish strike a nymph (pheasant tail type) but it was a little slow.
    Thanks for the info. Others have been up north and say it's still slow too. Hopefully they'll turn on soon!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •