Thread: Petersville

Thumbs up Petersville

I made my first trip to Petersville on sunday. When we passed all of the full parking area's I figured it would be a mad house. Once we left the main parking area I was extremly surprised at how few snowmachines we saw and how much untouched powder was to be had!!!! We even found some blue sky's! Very Nice!!!

Default Still room

I've noticed the same thing in the past. You get to the parking lot and think "holy moly, there are a lot of people here!" But once you get a couple miles out you hardly see anyone. Lots of room to roam still.

How was the snow?

Talking Snow

The snow was GREAT! Not much of a base but there was about 3 ft of powder and it was great riding!

By any chance notice a lot of predator tracks up there?

Sorry, Moving to fast! Might be going back on Friday so I'll make a point to look when we go through the creek bottoms.

Default To fee or not to fee?

Stop by the Convient store at Trapper creek and sign the petition to keep the parking FREE! FYI: Up for consideration is making the parking lot at Kroto a "fee" parking area...

Default Friday

Heading to Petersville on Friday, any word on the new snow up there? Anyone else heading out?

They need a user fee to pay for the road maintenance and plowing of the lots, and picking up trash. Who do you think should pay for it? Some think the local residents that never use the lots should pay for the up keep. Does'nt pass any kind of common sense test. If you park, you should and will pay. The day has come for users to bear the burden of their activities.

Default OK but no powder

North2AK,

The snow is thin and dense. You can go almost anywhere without getting stuck but there is not much in the way of powder. In some spots you can go across untracked snow and it remains untracked. Other areas there is a little soft stuff on top but not like earlier in the season.

Default The Alaska Way

Isn't getting the other guy to pay the Alaska way?

Don't we all have a constituional right to get everything we want for free??