Thread: Help - August Fishing Honeymoon

Default Help - August Fishing Honeymoon

My fiance and I will be heading to Alaska mid-August for our honeymoon and are looking for ideas on where to fish and where to stay... Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniMilli View Post
    My fiance and I will be heading to Alaska mid-August for our honeymoon and are looking for ideas on where to fish and where to stay... Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
    wait your fiance actually got you to agree on a fishing honeymoon? uh, do you have a sister? LOL just kidding (in case my wife reads this)
    I'd make a reservation at the Lands End in Homer for one night, then go on a charter for halibut. The Kenai Princess is a good honeymoon spot too I guess. Valdez can be a good place to go in August as well cause of the early silvers at VFDA

Jenni,

Welcome to the forum. To get the best info, you need to tell folks what area you will be spending most of your time in. Big state and all. Be as specific as you can about what you are looking for with fishing. For example, we are looking for a one day guided boat fishing in river for salmon. Or.. we would like to stay in a lodge that has a guide service we could utilize for 2-3 days of fishing during a given week. The more detailed you can be about your goals, the more folks will chime in and help. Sounds like a great way to spend your honeymoon. Odds are good you will be spending your one year anniversary in Alaska as well. The place has that effect on some folks

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Get ahold of Eagles Nest resort in cooper landing. Get one of thier stunning cabins right on the river. Then call alaska troutfitters and schedule a rainbow/red float trip down the kenai river.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Another option

Bill just opened his B&B full time on the Kenai as well.

Has 40ft of private dock to enjoy. Pricing is very reasonable IMO.

http://drakesonthekenai.com/

He also have package deals going with from Salt to Fresh as well as Bear view, horseback riding etc......

Might be worth the look.

Best Wished on your your Alaska adventure and Congrats.

Tight Lines and Best Wishes

Blue Moose

Default Pampered?

If you want the whole ball of wax go to http://www.raspberryisland.com.

To get an idea of how they professionally take care of you, click on scrapbook on the home page and then read my illustrated lodge review.

If you want AK in style, this is it...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

We did the same thing back in 08 and now are planning on making the move this summer, good luck!
    Fish when you can, work when you have to.

Default Lots of options...

But we need to know what you have in mind. Your options could range from the Homer/Kenai/Valdez circle with B and B's etc or a flyout trip to float a river....or maybe a cabin rental with some decent casting nearby. What's your initial thoughts, and the many members here can hook you up with the best way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard R. Rosenberg View Post
    If you want the whole ball of wax go to http://www.raspberryisland.com.

To get an idea of how they professionally take care of you, click on scrapbook on the home page and then read my illustrated lodge review.

If you want AK in style, this is it...

Rosenberg/Florida

Thanks for the link Bernard - well written and great pictures.

Yeah, ditto on what other have said. The big questions are what kind of fishing you're interested in doing and how much money you want to spend. You can have a great time in a lot of the coastal towns and fish cheaply, or you can pay $5000 for a week of "big rainbows on every cast" sort of fishing across Cook Inlet. If you have a particular destination in mind that really helps. When people come to visit me I suggest they start in Anchorage and do the Denali Park circuit and then spend a few days in both Seward and Homer.

now that you guys have pimped your wares thoroughly I wonder if the weddings off?
    uh Jenni? let us know whatcha decide.