Thread: Triple

Default Triple

Anyone know if Barnes ever came out with reloading data for the Triple Shocks? Last I heard they were supposedly going to do so but for the mean time were recommeding folks use the Barnes X data. I have a box of the Triples sitting in the garage but wanted to wait for the real story. If they have not, are folks having good luck with the Barnes X data?
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

I've not seen a new loading manual yet, but you don't need to wait. You can get general loading information for the XXX's from the Barnes web-site. Look for yourself, but in a nut shell they are saying to use load data from the original X's. They also say that you may be able to progressively work the loads a grain to grain and a half above the maximum load for the original X's. Of course, "...start low, work up safely, mileage may vary, etc." DO NOT use the load data from the XLC's for the XXX's...as they are not the same bullets.

With the triples I'm pretty much using the same recipes that I developed for the original X's, and have not felt the need to push them any faster even though Barnes says I can. I have had very good accuracy with the XXX's in .375H&H, .30-06 and .257 Roberts. So far I have found them to be generally more accurate than the original X's, MUCH less fouling of the bore, but most importantly they are liked by a greater variety of calibers and rifles in my vault (unlike my experience with the orginals). Lastly, like the original and XLC's, I've yet to recover a triple or any X bullet that I have used to take game.

Good luck sir,
    Doc

Default triple shoks..

what Doc said. I use them exclusively now in both my .338 and .300 Winmags and have superior accuracy and devastating performance downrange. I use the same load data as the X bullet, although they say you can add a couple of grains.....Im not pushing it yet, because it simply isnt necessary! Keep the bullets .005" off the lands like Barnes says and you shouldnt see too many pressure signs. Barnes claims that load manual will be out this coming fall for the 3 shoks..

You can always e-mail them and they will send you data. FWIW, I noticed the data I got from them for my 270 wsm that the TSX loads start out .5 grains less than the XLCs.