Thread: .44 mag brass

Default .44 mag brass

I am new to reloading pistol ammo but have reloaded rifle for several years so the crimping is new to me, I have everything but cases for the .44 does anyone have some they might be willing to part with. I have picked up everything else H110 large pistol primers jacketed and cast bullets. I have not found anyone with them in stock. Thanks 907-382-7295

I have a bag of 100 new winchester cases that will be on the table at the Fairbanks gunshow this weekend.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Where you out of? If I remember right Boondocks in eagle river had some then again that was over two weeks ago, since I been in thier. I have some I can part with to help you out. Will 50 pieces be good for you? If you are in Fairbanks I imagine shipping should be cheap so just send your address thru PM and will go from thier.

If you are in the valley I have new and used 44 mag brass in stock.

Sterling Cook
    (Arctic Ammo & Reloading Supplies 357-3381)

Default .44 brass

I've been re-loading for the .44 Mag for over 40 years and have used about every brand of brass avaliable. All has worked fine except for the PMC brass. - the primer pockets in some of it became loose after a few loadings.

Bottom line - if you buy .44 Magnum brass stay away from the PMC brass unless you get it very cheap and then use it only for mild loads.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Starline first las and always. It's been a common relading iteam for me sine the late 1960's and the Starline has been the best for me.

This works for me and I buy a 1,000 at a time.

http://www.starlinebrass.com/index.p...b1395a2c71a7dd
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    I've been re-loading for the .44 Mag for over 40 years and have used about every brand of brass avaliable. All has worked fine except for the PMC brass. - the primer pockets in some of it became loose after a few loadings.

Bottom line - if you buy .44 Magnum brass stay away from the PMC brass unless you get it very cheap and then use it only for mild loads.
    I have some PMC 44 Mag brass that I got "very cheap". They were FREE. One box is on it's 8th loading, and the other 2 aren't far behind.

They must be almost ready loosen up by now, wouldn't you say? Actually, I haven't loaded them Super Hot, and they've been doing great, so far.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default PMC brass

I don't recall where I got mne - they were free or very inexpensive. I had a box I had reloaded a few times and on some the primer pockets had expanded to the point where the primers fell out. The loads weren't that hot - I was shooting them in my 629 nd there were no extraction problems or signs of high pressure.

Maybe a quality control issue with some lot. Not all the rounds in the box had a problem but they were probably a mixture of lots. In any event the PMS brass was the only pistol brass I can recall that I had with loose primer pockets. May be a freak thing - I'll keep on loading them and see if I have more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I have some PMC 44 Mag brass that I got "very cheap". They were FREE. One box is on it's 8th loading, and the other 2 aren't far behind.

They must be almost ready loosen up by now, wouldn't you say? Actually, I haven't loaded them Super Hot, and they've been doing great, so far.

Smitty of the North
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post

Maybe a quality control issue with some lot. Not all the rounds in the box had a problem but they were probably a mixture of lots. In any event the PMS brass was the only pistol brass I can recall that I had with loose primer pockets. May be a freak thing - I'll keep on loading them and see if I have more problems.
    In any case, I'll keep a close eye on them. I was a bit hesitant to reload them, at first, since I figgered they were cheap brass, but so far, so good.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Starline

+1 for Starline Wish they made rifle brass...they got 45-70 brass but mostly handgun....first rate though
    In the Bush