Thread: petersburg fishing prospects????

Default petersburg fishing prospects????

I'm from juneau and was fortunate enough to be in p town for a week of work. was looking for someone to steer me in the right direction to do some fly/spin fishing for cutties or steelies?? Have a work van that I can use in the evenings. Have gear and waders ready. Would help out with expenses if there was a guy who had an open seat. thanks in advance

Default When?

When are you going? Or are you there already?

Default here and ready to fish

i'm in petersburg til thursday morning the 29 of april. we came off the ferry l\thurs night the 22. staying at the tides inn. we're finishing the wiring on the petersburg bible church. have cell--907 723 7139. just a fishin fool in a new place I know nothing about except that the nickname is little norway.

Default Ohmer Creek

Hit the Ohmer Creek campground. Fish the confluence of the two main creeks. It's at the far end of the campground. usually that holds a few steelhead. If the aren't in that hole just walk up or down stream, it's a small creek you'll see them in there. Man-made hole has a bunch of trout but they can be finicky. There should be dollies, cutties, and rainbows in blind slough. Walk down the board walk and fish the big hole above the rapids at the end. There's also usually plenty of trout around the blind slough picnic area out at 17 mile. Unfortunately I'm in Juneau, or I would take you out.

Don't have any advice but would love to hear how things go for you as my wife and I will be in that area the first week of June.

I'd imagine the narrows in town by the cannery has a bunch of dollies in it
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.