Thread: Help Support Our Troops - Armed Services Combat Fishing Tournament

Default Help Support Our Troops - Armed Services Combat Fishing Tournament

Welcome to the official website of the Armed Services Combat Fishing Tournament. Founded in 2006, the ASCFT was established to give thanks to the brave young men and women of the United States Armed Services who have served our nation with honor and courage in both the Iraq and Aghanistan theaters of war. In just two short years the ASCFT has garnered huge success and notoriety and is now considered the largest military appreciation fishing tournament in the United States.

The Third Annual Armed Services Combat Fishing Tournament will be held in Seward, Alaska on May 27, 2010. Once again, thanks to the generous support of the Seward deep-sea charter fleet, 30 local charter vessels have been donated to the event and some 300 members of our Armed Services will participate in the event.

How To Make A Donation
    Donations are accepted by the Armed Forces YMCA.
    Click here to make your donation. You will be directed to their webpage.

How do you sign up to fish in it?
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Default Sign up

We have just posted the information for the Combat Fishing Tournament. If you are interested in signing up for it, you would need to contact the organization. Here is the Contact page URL from their website. http://combatfishing.org/contact-us/

thank you i appreciate it!
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

A friend of mine's son is a "Two Tour Veteran Of Iraq" he is coming here for a visit.....the state of Alaska is gonna show how much they appreciate this young mans service for our nation by charging him $55.00 dollars to fish a few times during his week long visit with his mother.

I am embarrassed by this crap.........I'm retired, and living on a fixed income, but I am gonna pay the $55.00 out of my own pocket.......and I hope the fee grabing politicians that made this rule choke on the money.

Maybe someone in here has enough pull to bring this to the attention of someone with enough clout to get this changed. As an Alaskan I am embarrassed that our state would charge a visiting "War Veteran" to fish here.

As an Alaskan I have to pay whenever I go to other states and I am a war veteran too. Vietnam 70-71-72.

I guess I am missing your point...... All war veterans, visiting all the other states, should not have to buy licenses?

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Your probably right Daveinthebush......I'm probably over reacting.

Anyway, I bought the young mans license, and took him fishing........he had the time of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    As an Alaskan I have to pay whenever I go to other states and I am a war veteran too. Vietnam 70-71-72.

I guess I am missing your point...... All war veterans, visiting all the other states, should not have to buy licenses?

Yeah, I'm a Nam Vet myself......the young man is on leave. When I came home I went on leave, and I could fish with only my leave papers,and ID. I was hoping it was still that way...............