Thread: Bing's landing

Default Bing's landing

I have been researching places to fish in late July on the Kenai penn. and on another board there was a comment made that there was good fishing to be had at Bing's landing. I am planning on spending a day or two at Soldotna and plan to fish at Swiftwater Park. How do you think Bing's compares to the fishing in the Soldotna area? Is Bing's a private landing and what type of facilities do they have. We will be shore fishing only.

Thanks

For Red's Most people will hit Bing's first then the Russian river. I like to fish Bing's but it does get allot of pressure from time to time.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Bing's is a State run boat launch and campground. There isn't much room to bank fish. The reason it's popular is it's the best boat access point to the middle river between Naptown Rapids and Skilak Lake. In late july the king fishing is pretty good in that area and reds are usually abundant.

Shore fishing opportunities are pretty sparse in the mid-river without a boat. The bank reclamation projects have made it illegal to fish from some banks that I've fished from all my life, but those banks are accessible only by boat.

Unhappy Bings

Large crowds on steep banks, can get fish there but I'd look for just as good areas further down river.