Thread: Boat Show

Default Boat Show

Who's going to the boat show? I will be there looking for a raft. Does anyone know if the sportsman show have rafts?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

When is the boat show? I don't think sportsman carries rafts, you can all them (907) 644-1400 or check them on line. http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/s.../anchorage.htm

Default Boat show

The boat show will not have rafts this year is what I have heard.

The Sportsman show will have rafts Gary King and Ak raft & kayak have been there many years.

The Boat show starts Friday 19 at 4 and runs thru Sunday 27 hope to see you there, I will have the Mokai there.

Default Shows

Where is the Boat show? Are we talking about the one in Northway Mall or will there be another one (I think in University Mall in past years)?
    On another note - does anyone have info on when and where the Sportsman's Show will be this year?
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Default Rafts

I though 6th Ave. Outfitters may participate in the Sportman's Show; the Warehouse has rafts, not a large selection though.

Tim

Default Shows

The boat show this weekend is The Great Alaska Boat Show. It is put on by Dewey's Cook Inlet. Sole sponsorship.

Later sometime in Feb there will be the Anchors Aweigh Boat Show. This show features numerous dealers and companies.

Then there is the Sportsmanshow... Traditionally there are rafts there by AK Raft&Kayak, Gary King, Prestine Ventures and a few of the others like Marita and maybe Mining and Diving.

Hey Gray I'll be there... I too am looking for a raft...

WinMag
    Last edited by WinMag; 01-17-2007 at 12:27. Reason: spelling

Default Sportsman Show

The Sportsman Show is March 29, 30,31, April 1 this year.

Anchors Aweigh boat show starts Feb 2nd. I'll be going to both, to drool like a mad dog.

The Great Alaska Boat Show will be at the Northway Mall. Most likely, the Anchors Aweigh Boat Show will be there too. It was there last year.

Jim king is the one who sells for gary kings. His son. I bought one last year. Custom ordered it in the fall and had by april. He should be at the next boat show, anchors away. Never seen him at the dewies boat show. Pretty sweet rafts. Spendy even on sale but i think well worth it. Mine was $1462 or so.. I bought the 8' or so tender. We go to shore a lot out of whittier. Rolls up small for storage and easy to blow up. He required 50% down to order one. He uses them himself and designs them for use up here. Get all the extras, you will appreciate them. I am a happy customer just passing on the info.

Default Anchorage boat shows

The Anchorís Away Boat Show is put on by the Alaska Marine Dealerís Association and will be in the Northway Mall in February again this year.

Iíve been displaying the Alaska Series Inflatable boats at the Anchorís Away Boat show the past 5 years; this year I was denied display space at this boat show due to complaints from 2 other inflatable boat dealers in Anchorage. (Their complaints had something to do with the signs on my building werenít big enough to meet the by laws of the Alaska Marine Dealerís Association.) I think the true reason is my boats are too competitive for them to face head to head.
    SOÖ this year Iíve finished a nice display area in my Anchorage warehouse and Iíll have a large display of boats. Please contact me for more information to see the Alaska Series Inflatable boats at the email or phone number below.

February 7th Iíll be returning from displaying at the Seattle Boat Show and Iíll have some extra special low boat prices in Anchorage through the 15th of February. These prices will be much lower than the website prices. This will be the best time to order an Alaska Series boat for May 1st delivery.

Iíll also be displaying at the Great Alaskan Sportsman Show March 29th through April 1st taking orders for the June delivery of boats.

Good Boating

Jim King
    Alaska Series Inflatable Boats,
    Commercial quality at Wholesale prices
    River Rafts, Catarafts, Inflatable Kayaks, Inflatable Canoes, Inflatable Sport Boats, Inflatable Jet Boats, Tenders and Dinghies.
    WWW.alaskaseries.com
    (907) 248-2900

Anything worth wild there at the show?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Seattle boat show

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Anything worth wild there at the show?
    Wow! Seattle puts on a huge boat show! This is my 4th year displaying here. I've been pretty busy in the Alaska Series Inflatable boat booth and working with my dealer here. So havenít had many chances to look around very much yet. I've only seen about 10% of the show so far. But Iíll have a chance to give the boat show a good walk around this week to see what's new. There really is something for everyone here no matter what type of boating you're into.

Good Boating

Jim King

Jim,
    Sorry to hear that you will not be at the Anchors Away Boat Show have always enjoyed our conversations.

I inquired about the Alaska Marine Dealers Association was told $50.00 a year, no word about the by laws do you know how I would get a copy?

Is it a non profit?

I would assume that is why we have the Great Alaskan Boat show.

Difference of opinion

Maybe you can get into it and show your products next year can't hurt to try.

Cheers

Default By laws

Quote Originally Posted by alaskamokaiman View Post
    I inquired about the Alaska Marine Dealers Association was told $50.00 a year, no word about the by laws do you know how I would get a copy?
    You might be able to get a copy of the AMDA by laws from Buster at Buster's Upholstery they are on 4Th ave. behind Wendy's across from Merrill field

It was disappointing not being in the Anchor's Away Boat Show this year, I hope to make up for it by opening a nice display area in my warehouse and doing a little extra advertising with killer pricing in the Anchorage Press this next couple weeks.

I'm having the best Seattle Boat Show of the past 4 years I've displayed here.
    Inflatable Boat Works, INC is now my dealer here in Seattle and they are very excited about adding my line of boats in their stores.

It's a good feeling when a small town Anchorage boy can hold his own in a big city like Seattle. The Alaska Series Inflatable boats are developing quite a fallowing down here.

I'll be back home in Anchorage the middle of next week

Good Boating

Jim King
    Alaska Series Inflatable Boats,
    Commercial quality at Wholesale prices
    River Rafts, Catarafts, Inflatable Kayaks, Inflatable Canoes, Inflatable Sport Boats, Inflatable Jet Boats, Tenders and Dinghies.
    WWW.alaskaseries.com
    (907) 248-2900

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Anchors Aweigh boat show starts Feb 2nd. I'll be going to both, to drool like a mad dog.
    Is it a Sullivan Arena?

Smile Northway mall

Hey Bighorn, if you are still going with me you will be at the wrong palce :-)

The 2007 23rd Annual Anchors Aweigh Boat Show
    February 1st-11th at the Northway Mall in Anchorage

10AM-9PM Mon-Fri, 10AM-7PM Sat, 11AM-6PM Sun

Best place to check for updates on the anchorage boat show is the official Alaska Marine Dealers Association web site at:
    http://www.anchorsaweighboatshow.com/