Thread: First ride in the drink...

Default First ride in the drink...

& Boy did it get WET! My Yamaha Rage GT today, was being tested, & so was I! I did awesome at first, & then again & again, then I tried a diagonal cross, & mah belt got wet...& I lost power on one more diagonal cross, & drank it!

Boy the water was cold & fillin' mah boots fast! & Luckly, my sis.in law's BF was there to run back to the house, find his axe, chop out his rope, & toss it to me to pull my ride out!

We removed the water from the exhaust pipes, tried to start it, & it bogged down, so we took out the air filter, wrung it out, & tried starting it again, & it bogged down again, so we re did the air filter, took out the drain plug & let out some oil (nuthin' gray thank god!) & then removed a coupla plugs, & restarted the snowgo & VILOA~! it RAN PERFECT! WHEW!

I didn't try crossin' the water again, as I have a nice lil' ding on the bottom of the ride that needs to be fixed & my BIL told me that I need to tape up the vents near the belt to keep H2O from gettin' in, & gettin' my belt wet.

Water crossin' is going to be addicting!

Be careful. My fiance's nephew got killed a couple years ago doing that- stalled out mid-river and he drowned, leaving behind a wife and child. Everyone was having fun right up until that happened.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Be VERY careful with drowned four strokes. Running it with any water in the cylinders, even just trying to start it, can bend valves and do other damage. It's not like a two stroke and it's HUGE exhaust ports that can pass water. I remove the water from the exhaust, water from the air intake system, and remove the spark plugs. I bump it over a few times to clean the water out of the cylinders. The problem is, you still have water in the oil in most cases. On my wheeler it still takes about three oil changes to clean up the water in the oil issues.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default First Ride & Drink

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    & Boy did it get WET! My Yamaha Rage GT today, was being tested, & so was I! I did awesome at first, & then again & again, then I tried a diagonal cross, & mah belt got wet...& I lost power on one more diagonal cross, & drank it!

Boy the water was cold & fillin' mah boots fast! & Luckly, my sis.in law's BF was there to run back to the house, find his axe, chop out his rope, & toss it to me to pull my ride out!

We removed the water from the exhaust pipes, tried to start it, & it bogged down, so we took out the air filter, wrung it out, & tried starting it again, & it bogged down again, so we re did the air filter, took out the drain plug & let out some oil (nuthin' gray thank god!) & then removed a coupla plugs, & restarted the snowgo & VILOA~! it RAN PERFECT! WHEW!

I didn't try crossin' the water again, as I have a nice lil' ding on the bottom of the ride that needs to be fixed & my BIL told me that I need to tape up the vents near the belt to keep H2O from gettin' in, & gettin' my belt wet.

Water crossin' is going to be addicting!
    Don't ya know Marvin, ride & drinking is dangerous?

@ Eagle River Dee...this was thigh deep water, so thankfully, I could sit on the rig & await a tow out...the bottom of the overflow was VERY slippery, & my BIL told me to STAY ON THE RIG...now I see why, had I tried to walk out of the overflow, I would've surly slipped & fell in...

Hmm, three oil changes...god I hope not...

& King...yer jest jealous... :P

Sounds like a quick way to junk a good sled, have insurance write it off, and we all pay for your fun.

Thumbs down Yeah...

sure dan, whatever...oh, matter o' fact, GOOD IDEA! I NEVER thought of that!