Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Arsenal of Democracy

Default The Arsenal of Democracy

Enjoy...

Weren't you going to sell me that SS one on the right? Won't be enough when your kids get older, better start collecting the hand downs Marv.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Default Cool....

Now show us your good ones. :-)

Talking Oh you mean...

my RPGs, my LAWs, Claymores, bouncin' betties, & Bazookas...nah...I'll let yer imagination run wild... :P

Default No

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    my RPGs, my LAWs, Claymores, bouncin' betties, & Bazookas...nah...I'll let yer imagination run wild... :P
    I meant your harpoons, bows, darts, bolas, etc.

Nice collection. Throw in an EBR and you'll be all set.
    Now what ?

Nice, GoGoalie!

I've got mine trimmed down to just the basic defensive essentials (including the sweaty ol hat )
    I need to add an Alaska Bolt gun (.375) and a Arizona lever gun (.357). And maybe a 4513 or 4013.
    The KEY is to a MERCURY. The cell is "prepaid". The small folder is a Gerber assist.

Very basic setup. Most $$$ goes for training, training, training. Ready for Coyotes/Zombies though.

Default AZ...

yer taxes paid for my training, back in 89-93... (then again from 94-98 for college!)

yer taxes paid for my training, back in 89-93... (then again from 94-98 for college!)
    Outstanding! Thanks for your service to our country, Gogoalie.
    Me to for 11years TIS.

It's a start anyway.

The firearm's instructor in me says to remind all that you should always have the safety engaged unless you are actually shooting. Safety first as there are no "accidents".
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    It's a start anyway.

The firearm's instructor in me says to remind all that you should always have the safety engaged unless you are actually shooting. Safety first as there are no "accidents".
    LMAO! Good catch JOAT. I keep the AR empty. It bugs me to have ammo in the magazines "wearing out" the mag springs for no reason. (the thinking of a REVOLVER guy, you know!) And I only keep 3 rounds in the tube on the 12ga. and not in the chamber. The revolver is ALWAYS loaded (the "go-to" gun to fight my way to the shotty) but stays (safely) in the Serpa until necessary. Safty FIRST.

I was mostly referring to the OP's photo. At least 4 of the guns clearly have the safety off, but I can't tell what the position is on the others, so they might all be set to "fire". Playing with, displaying, or storing guns with the safety off is bad juju.

The AR presents an unusual situation in that if the hammer is down on an empty chamber, the selector cannot be moved to "safe". Thus, a visual look at the safety doesn't tell you if the gun is safe at all. The AR requires a hands-on check to verify it is "safe".
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Good point Joat...

however, I learned that the first thing you do with a weapon is ensure that the gun is empty & there's no round in the chamber...Hence the reason for my unloaded pistole, which is always loaded & saftey engaged...& I can assure you, when the photo was taken, all guns were EMPTY...

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    I was mostly referring to the OP's photo. At least 4 of the guns clearly have the safety off, but I can't tell what the position is on the others, so they might all be set to "fire". Playing with, displaying, or storing guns with the safety off is bad juju.

The AR presents an unusual situation in that if the hammer is down on an empty chamber, the selector cannot be moved to "safe". Thus, a visual look at the safety doesn't tell you if the gun is safe at all. The AR requires a hands-on check to verify it is "safe".
    Yup, it's on "fire" sitting on an empty chamber and empty magazine.
    I do need to get out of this "revolver" (no safety) way of thinking...but it does teach you the mindset that every gun is not to be pointed except in a safe direction. I'll be taking a carbine class next. (I LOVE that snubby though!) That snubby's where most of my training has been. I guess I'm just an old-schooler. Learned a lot of respect for the old guys that had to "speedload" the wadcutters (by hand). I had a nice 1911, but traded it and kept the snubby.

Funny, I was kinda ticked off at Norm Abrams today on "this old house" when he was waiving a Nail Gun around at one of the carpenters when he was talking. Pointed it right at his face! He'd get his azz-whooped on the typical jobsite doing that crap. Good cabinet guy though.

Default Just watch...

some of these duck hunting vids..I saw a hunter shoot a wood duck down, go look for it, jumped it & shot at it witht he camera man down range! ('bout a 45 degree angle, but down range nonetheless!)...

GoGoalie, what are the rifles in the original pic?
    Nice collection!

Default One's a...

Savage 110, in .30-06 with the sling, the other three are Rems. a Viper 522, ADL or BDL 700 in .30-06, & the XCR is .270 WSM...

Thanks! I'm jealous you 'ave one I am lookin' for...the AR-15...always wanted one of those...

Thanks! I'm jealous you 'ave one I am lookin' for...the AR-15...always wanted one of those...
    I have another one under construction (flattop carbine) but I got fed up with waiting and just went ahead and (got a good deal) on the a2 model. ADfields has me fired up to do some coyote shooting down here.

I'm jealouse of you because I don't have an Alaska Rifle anymore.
    I'm working on finding the right Rem721 (sentimental reasons).
    Something in a .3xx H&H/weatherby.

It'll turn up though...they always do. I'm a LUCKY man that way.
    I'll eventually find the right 4513 or 4013 too.

Nice pieces guys, thought I'd share too...
    Attached Images Attached Images

NICE! What's the smaller levergun?

And, that's one of the coolest avatars I've seem. LMAO!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast