Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **Photo Contest**

Cool **Photo Contest**

**Photo Contest**

We need pictures. You need money. Doesn't get any more simple than that.

1st place - - - $50
    2nd place - - - $35
    3rd place - - - $15 & Free dip net bag
    4th place - - - Free dip net bag
    5th place - - - Free dip net bag

Pictures need to be fishing related.

They do not have to have one of our products being used. However, extra credit for those who do.

To enter, just email your pictures to contest@donalsoncompany.net, reply to this thread or drop them off at Donalson Company in Anchorage. Please submit your name and a phone number to get a hold of you.

If you prefer, you can snail mail them to us at:
    Donalson Company
    Attn: 2010 Contest
    P.O. Box 100845
    Anchorage, AK 99510
    Now for the boring legal stuff:
    All pictures and/or videos submitted electronically, by mail, or dropped off will become the property of Donalson Company.
    Please submit only copies, not originals, as physical media will not be returned.
    All pictures and/or videos will be used for promotional purposes only.
    We will not sell your pictures and/or videos, your information, or comment on the size of your fish.
    Donalson Company employees and those with the same last name cannot enter.

To be fair, regardless of the amount of pictures and/or videos submitted, only one person may win only one of the five prizes. Note: This will only change if less than five people submit pictures and/or videos (2007 Contest...)

Contest winners will be picked by a third party in order to prevent nepotism, favoritism, and/or complaint phone calls.

Contest begins April 15th 2010 and ends July 31st 2010.

Sent you a picture on my son catching his first fish at Fish Creek last year.

Default my 14 yo daughter fighting the strong current

Click on it to get a larger one, plus I have a copy larger than that.

Default Dipnetting at 1:15am on the Kasilof, boat with huge searchlight comes into harbor

Click on that for a larger one, and I have a larger one still here.

Default Dipnetting the Kenai with Mt. Redoubt within view

Click on that for a larger one, and I have an even larger picture of this here.

Default my 5 yo son loves to dipnet too

Click on that for a larger one, and I have an even larger version here too.

Sweet pics!

Great pics FamilyMan! This is a fond memory for you, but that little fella will think about this day when he's raising his kids, passing on a tradition his dad started. (gave me a lump in my throat by golly)

Default kids are geared up and now ready to dipnet

Click on that to get a larger one:

Default 5 year old catches his first dipnetted fish, ever

.... and its a 4 inch flounder!!!! He decided to throw it back and catch it next year when it got all bigger. That's my boy.

Click on that one for a larger one.

BJ dipnetting 2.jpg
    My lil guy hard at the dipnetting!

BJ with first dipnetted fish 2010 1.jpg
    With his first dipnetted Fish this year!!!!

Great pics FM, but those poor kids look like their Dad.

Cool

BJ Fishing Russian1.jpg
    Here's my lil guy fishing hard on the Russian!!!

BJ Fishing Russian2.jpg
    Guess he was tired, but wasn't quitting! I am obviously lopsided with this opinion, considering he's my boy....But I swear that is an awesome post card pic!

For the record he never landed nor hooked up yet, but walked from the confluence to the falls and then all the way back to the parking area with never a whine. Fact we were dragging arse and he was still going strong....lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    .... and its a 4 inch flounder!!!! He decided to throw it back and catch it next year when it got all bigger. That's my boy.

Click on that one for a larger one.
    Steve.....CLEAR OUT YOUR IN BOX!!!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Family man nice photos... one thing though... for gods sake put some wading belts on that family... were they to fall in you and they would be much happier with out waders full of water dragging them down

saftey first
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up safety first, yes. You bet, Vince!

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Family man nice photos... one thing though... for gods sake put some wading belts on that family... were they to fall in you and they would be much happier with out waders full of water dragging them down

saftey first
    Thanks Vince. Yes, you're absolutely right, they (and I too) should have a belt on the outside of the waders.

I tangled with a King this year that was dragging me and my best net out to sea this year... two steps out for every one in... And stubborn me, I was not going to let go of my best net. Likely it would have been a very dicey result (and me with no PFD nor wading belt - argh!) had the king not torn the holy heck out of a top of the line (Ron Fuller's, from Chugiak) net bag. Sometimes there's a difference between what we know to be the safest behaviors, and what we actually do - me included.

Ever seen the Simpson's episode where Homer gets rescued by the 911 people who respond to the call where his hand was stuck irretrievably up into a coke machine, trying to get a free can o cola? The EMTs solve Homer's problem by telling him to let go of the can - voila', Homer's hand came right out just fine then. Yeah, that was me not letting go of my net.

Back to serious things, as I'm sure you're aware, the advice you give is a hundred times more important for people to follow if they have the nicer (baggy type, like Simms) waders. The cheap neoprene waders that my family have here don't much fill with water even when you do go in.

The 5 year old shown wouldn't go deep enough to get in trouble while dipnetting, darn it. Then later, playing, he goes completely under water 3 times while just playing with a friend's kid at 1am on the Kasilof, while I'm dipping and watching him. Tough little guy wouldn't even come over to the campfire that some generous people offered us both.

Fun stuff. Getting out with family and friends (and being safe, like you say) is the best!

Default Thanks King!

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Great pics FM, but those poor kids look like their Dad.
    Poor kids? Yeah, I agree. I wish they had more money too, so that they might better give their pop the lifestyle to which he'd like to become accustomed.

On the subject of lookalike, I'll take that as a compliment; thanks! Because I know they're very good lookin' !!!

Contest ended on July 31st. Winners will be picked soon. Waiting for my third party to pick winners. Winners will be notified via email and/or forum and will be posted on this thread.

btt........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast