Thread: Denali Hwy

Default Denali Hwy

Just wondering if anyone could share any info on the current situation on the Denali Hwy. I've heard it's plowed to at least the Alpine Creek Lodge but pretty quiet on the grizzly front.

I've got limited time this spring and want to maximize my opportunity.I was planning to go up this weekend but with the late breakup I'm thinking of holding off a week or two. PM me if you want.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

send a PM to denalihunter, he has a lodge up on the denali, think he has updates on his website as well www.alpinecreeklodge.com So you think the Vikes will try and grab Tebow in the draft, think they should have dumped Jackson, also see the Vikes play Saints on Sept 9th. Go Vikes

Default Denali Highway Update! Bears and Road!

I know the road is plowed at least to mile 62. I have not seen an update past that. I'm sure it's plowed the rest of the way, as they were just 5 miles short of Maclaren River Lodge last weekend coming from Paxson. So there was only just over 20 miles left to plow in the middle.

On the bear update, a hunter got one from the lodge last night! 8-1/2 footer! I won't say more then that, as Jake I'm sure will be posting the story and great pic's on here! The pic's are amazing! Beautiful bear.

I'm going to go find one myself this weekend.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Claude,

Can you still take a sled out onto the snow? or is it pretty much garbage? last update from Jake said the snow wasn't very conducive to riding... can you please update?

Thanks
    Johnny

Default Snow update

The snow off highway was great last weekend. There is no snow on the highway, and it's dusty.

I know Jake had been hunting on snow machines, but don't know the latest. He's heading home now,and I'm guessing will be on here this evening with an update.

Claude

Reading this thread gets me excited about my mid May trip to Alpinecreek lodge. Hopefully I can complete my life long dream of taking a grizz and do my part for the moose population out there. Good luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    Just wondering if anyone could share any info on the current situation on the Denali Hwy. I've heard it's plowed to at least the Alpine Creek Lodge but pretty quiet on the grizzly front.

I've got limited time this spring and want to maximize my opportunity.I was planning to go up this weekend but with the late breakup I'm thinking of holding off a week or two. PM me if you want.
    Cool! A couple of Viking fans on the site.
    And HELL YEAH, fire Brad Childress!!

This is Rich from Tangle Lakes Lodge and we don't allow anyone into the place wearing a Packers hat!

It was good talking to you the other day Claude. I'll stop in and introduce myself when over your way.

I'm looking for some help this summer at the lodge if anyone knows of cooks, housekeepers or maintenance people.
    I can be reached at 907-688-9173

GO VIKINGS! No Tebow today. We need OL help and a DB.
    QB in the 3rd or fourth unless Clausen falls!

MNViking,

I know the real reason you are a Vikes fan.....the color purple!

Sorry bud, I had to do it since we are playing each other this year!

BGarcher

Default Vikes? Packers? ugh...

Wow, talk about a thread jacking! You guys are way off. The Seahawks are clearly the best team in the NFL. I'm going to paint the lodge in Seahawks colors this summer.... heh heh!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    The Seahawks are clearly the best team in the NFL. I'm going to paint the lodge in Seahawks colors this summer.... heh heh!
    Finally, someone who has his priorities right! To hell with the Vikes and Packers!
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

if you just want to ride you'll need to get off the road a ways and do some boondocking, over near crazy notch the snow was still pretty good. its only a few miles from alpine creek lodge and the snow was alot better than right in the clearwater mtns...if you just wanna ride and tear up some snow, i'd go there for sure.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212