Thread: Going nuts

Default Going nuts

Going nuts waiting for my Ruger 4 inch 44 mag I ordered 4 WEEKS AGO from Walmart! I saved $200.00 but man does it take forever. Looking forward to shooting it and reloading for it.
    Liberals are to me what dog crap is to the bottom of my shoe!

Quote Originally Posted by VanSlam View Post
    Going nuts waiting for my Ruger 4 inch 44 mag I ordered 4 WEEKS AGO from Walmart! I saved $200.00 but man does it take forever. Looking forward to shooting it and reloading for it.
    We have one of the super duper,open 24/7 Walmarts in town but here in the midwest most Wally Worlds quit carrying firearms. They sell 50 different kinds of ammo,scopes,spotting scopes,range finders, binoculars, them fancy camera's what some fellers hook to the tree to take pictures of the deer that only come out at night, they have a full line of hunting apparel, 15 varieties of deer pee and every kind of cover sent there is, hunting licenses and all and your suppose to kill everything with a Daisey Red Rider BB gun cuz thats the only gun they have in the store.....how stupid is that?

Your wait may have just started!

Redhawk?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    Redhawk?
    Steve

Yep, Redhawk 4inch stainless. SHOULD.....be here Monday.

Showed up today! Gotta wait till tomorrow to shoot it though.

Excellent! I have the same gun in a 45 Colt. Bought it at wallyworld a year ago. No one else in town would get me one. The "expert" at SW didn't even know they made them. Good price too.

Simply Rugged pancake holster works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Excellent! I have the same gun in a 45 Colt. Bought it at wallyworld a year ago. No one else in town would get me one. The "expert" at SW didn't even know they made them. Good price too.

Simply Rugged pancake holster works great.
    I'm thinking about trying this rig.
    http://shopruger.com/Alaskan-Outfitt...uctinfo/50062/

Interesting note: I talked with Herrett grips yesterday and they told me Ruger has changed the grip frame on the newer 4" Redhawks? Something about the locator pins? Can any of you verify this? Will the wooden grips off an older one still fit the newer ones?
    Steve

You might try one of these, Bianchi 7001 accumold thumbsnap. I've tried lots of others, by far my favorite. Along with the 4" Redhawk, S&W 329 will also fit in it.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    Interesting note: I talked with Herrett grips yesterday and they told me Ruger has changed the grip frame on the newer 4" Redhawks? Something about the locator pins? Can any of you verify this? Will the wooden grips off an older one still fit the newer ones?
    Steve
    The wooden grips work fine. I have a set for mine. But, you need to get the round disk that slips in the grip frame. 5 bucks or so. The one that comes with the Hogue grips is too small. I can post pics if needed.

Default Why so long?

What took so long to get the gun to the store? I'm 1/1 ordering from Walmart. Can't beat their deals on Redhawks. They just raised the price in Anchortown from $633 to $650.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    What took so long to get the gun to the store? I'm 1/1 ordering from Walmart. Can't beat their deals on Redhawks. They just raised the price in Anchortown from $633 to $650.

Tim

Not sure what took so long. Yeah the price went up here too.

How is the fit and finish on the one you just got? I've also been considering getting one, but the fit on the 4" Redhawks don't seem very nice.

Specifically I'm talking about where the cylinder arm (crane?) meets up with the frame when closed. The one's I've been looking at has a big gap between them. Just not a tight fit. It's like they have been cutting back on their quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger01 View Post
    How is the fit and finish on the one you just got? I've also been considering getting one, but the fit on the 4" Redhawks don't seem very nice.

Specifically I'm talking about where the cylinder arm (crane?) meets up with the frame when closed. The one's I've been looking at has a big gap between them. Just not a tight fit. It's like they have been cutting back on their quality control.
    The and finish on mine is great looks as good as any Smith&Wesson I own or have seen. Locks up solid and there is no gap really to speak of. I did a lot of research on different revolvers before I bought this one, I think it's gonna be a great gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger01 View Post

Forgot to add the trigger pull is great!