Thread: ds 131

Default ds 131

i drew a ds131 sheep tag, aug 23 start date, any access tips from folks who have hunted it before, which side is better etc, any info would be helpful, hope to begin scouting as soon as snow melts up there,

You and me both, just waiting for the snow to melt.

Good luck!

What drainage is this permit?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Default Its 14c

In the Peters creek and thunderbird creek area, and I think Goat creek....its easily hikeable and accessable, I believe they only give out about 6 or 7 tags (residents only) and maybe 1 Non - resident. I have seen sheep in there before, mostly ewes and lambs. Maybe there are some rams way in the back.....

I was lucky enough to draw the same tag last year.You should have a great hunt.I seen more than my legal ram in the area.I have been on three great hunts that were succsesfull in the area,only one was my sheep but enjoyed every second of them all.It takes some walking so be in shape,this will be a hunt of a life time so good luck.....

If any one needs a packer i'm there.every one of those hunts we have seen rams in the same area.I will be back from my sheep hunt on the 20th and would love to help someone be succsesfull,even if I am not!

kotton, from where did you access on your hunts? gear suggestions in terms of tent, food, pack weight, im a beginner sheep hunter

sputnick

I have hunted peters creek valley from four mile trail, but you are 15 miles at least to any sheep. You can come over the top from ram valley on the eagle river side. Pioneer pike has sheep and is in your hunt area the trail is off knik road past the bridge. Your can also get to the front of twin peaks from Eklutna lake. Good luck and good walking.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    I was lucky enough to draw the same tag last year.You should have a great hunt.I seen more than my legal ram in the area.I have been on three great hunts that were succsesfull in the area,only one was my sheep but enjoyed every second of them all.It takes some walking so be in shape,this will be a hunt of a life time so good luck.....

If any one needs a packer i'm there.every one of those hunts we have seen rams in the same area.I will be back from my sheep hunt on the 20th and would love to help someone be succsesfull,even if I am not!
    I too drew this tag can anyone suggest a good area to focus on?

Out of respect for anyone who got out and scouted this tag I would urge those that feel compelled to respond to this post to bite their tongue. It's too late in the game, those who prepared are ready, those looking for help now probably should have done more looking around this summer. Some guys wait their whole life for a chance.

I've been out quite often but I work out of town and I've been gone for two months scouting hasn't been an option.