Thread: FUN!!!! Spring Bear Archery Shoot FUN!!!!

Default FUN!!!! Spring Bear Archery Shoot FUN!!!!

I know there is a sticky up top about this shoot, I just want to put a reminder here. Come out a support archery in Alaska and the Valley. This a really fun shoot. come show support and show the Menard Sports Complex our need for a archery range. A high turn-out would go a long ways to help us aquire a permanent archery range at the sports complex.

Will they have a range their to verify your sights? We are scrambling trying to find a place to sight our bows in up to 70 yards. So far we found a place out to 65 yds. But we are planning on showing up, Also will thier be a after noon shoot on saturday? my wife wants to shoot but has a girl scout thing starting at 1100 in the morning... She has granted me a kitchen pass...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Will they have a range their to verify your sights? We are scrambling trying to find a place to sight our bows in up to 70 yards.
    I am not sure, but is Kincaid clear of snow yet?? That might be a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Will they have a range their to verify your sights? We are scrambling trying to find a place to sight our bows in up to 70 yards. So far we found a place out to 65 yds. But we are planning on showing up, Also will thier be a after noon shoot on saturday? my wife wants to shoot but has a girl scout thing starting at 1100 in the morning... She has granted me a kitchen pass...
    Kincaid in achorage is open, at the shoot in the AM before it starts there will be some practice targets, usually only 20 30 40 and 50 yards though. unfortunately the shoot is a shot-gun start at 9am. but if she wants to shoot for fun im sure she could come out and just shoot when she gets there, she probably wouldnt be able to complete the coarse.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    I am not sure, but is Kincaid clear of snow yet?? That might be a good place.
    Kincaid is open and getting lots of use lately. There's still snow on the practice range and target loops but nothing that should stop you from going out there. I just hung some new targets at the practice range last night (Wednesday, April 21). As the snow melts, I'll be down there getting things cleaned up. I'm the range captain down there, so please let me know if something needs addressed or fixed.

Thanks,

Jeff

I was hoping it would be like some shoots I have been too. One shotgun start in the morning and another in the afternoon basically to starts one for the morning crowd and another for the folks who wake up at 1000 in the morning

looked over the coarse this evening, heres my tips,......bring mud boots, rubber/extra tuffs, or at least goretex/waterproof hunting type boots. it is muddy and a bit wet in areas.

I believe the fees are $15 per day for ASAA members or $25 for both days. for non members i think it is about $20 a day, but im not for sure.

looks like a fun and challenging coarse. see you there in the morning.

side note: It looks like state unmarked 3D wll be held there as well. format will be quite a bit different. probably 40 targets, 1 arrow per target, not a shotgun start, start times will be tenantively from 9am until about 2pm, must be off coarse and turn in score cards by 6pm. It should only take 4 hours max to shoot the 40 arrows. this will give people the ability to make the shoot who go to church on saturday or sunday, or have other engagements they need to make. The only catch will be flighting the top shooters, there will have to be a agreed start time for the flighted shooters. this shoot is in the middle of may. I will post more updates and probably start a whole new post about it.

Harry

Stuck in the shop on a beautiful day ... but reports are you all a blast and the course was/is fun and challenging ... Judy and crew did a great job pulling it together ... She's ASAA's super-hero!