Thread: DG352 brown mountian area info

Default DG352 brown mountian area info

Well prior to the draw I promised a buddy I would go with him anywere if he got drawn and he said the same.Well I guess I used up all my luck last year with the sheep permit cause I got a big nothing once again but he drew a Goat tag so now I am obligated to tag along and help pack for him.His dad will be flying us in a cub.Just was wondering if any of you have done this hunt and we are looking for any and all advice.We will be saving this hunt till after october 1st.And if they open the registration hunt they will fly me in to return the favor.Thanks to any one who offers advice.

Default Cub on floats or wheels???

Had this permit two years ago. Did a 24 hour goat hunt. Good weather helps. We went the last weekend in September. You can see in the pictures the easy access from either wheels or floats. If you have the weather should be fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man that is a big body on that goat,was it a Billy?how did you accsess the area?The cub isn't wearing floats.

Default Billy it is

Yes that is a big body on that goat. I am not a small guy either. If you look behind the tent in the distance you can see the flat calm fresh water lake. There is also a nice wide sandy beach good for beach combing right there too. The beach is a bit farther of a walk but not unmanageable. Or bring a small raft and paddle down the lake. Landing up top with a cub did not look doable. There was one small high alpine lake but you are not on floats.

Lots of goats there. They like to hide in the trees so do your aerial surveys later in the day when they are feeding in the sun to see where they congregate.

The first photo shows you what it is like hiking thru the trees down low, then it opens up, up high.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for your Info,looks like he is going to try to borrow one of his buddies float planes after the info I scored.