Thread: Unloading an extreme shallow jetcraft

Default Unloading an extreme shallow jetcraft

To all that have an extreme shallow have you had troubles when unloading off of trailer. I have the 1875 and when I am uloading it the front lip hangs up on the roller, its a real pain in the @ss. Here is what I did, I went to a local welding shop and had a piece of alluminum welded in front of it. Now the boat rolls right off instead of that big lip catching the roller. I will try to post some pictures later this week.

Default Hmm

I don't have that boat, but am wondering how far in the water you are putting the trailer? My experience on other boats is that if I back too far in, or too deep, I get hung up in front.
    Just a thought.

I have tried everything, if its not in the water far enough its very hard to push off the trailer, if the trailer is in to far the boat slides off and catches on the roller. There is no happy medium, There is a couple others that live here that have the same problem with theres. This is the idea that we came up with, I am going to try it this coming weekend.

I would check your winch height. Possibly it is set too high? Or maybe the ramp is very steep, that is the only time I have had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kgrant View Post
    I would check your winch height. Possibly it is set too high? Or maybe the ramp is very steep, that is the only time I have had a problem.
    I've tried that also, same thing, I had to drill different holes for the "U" bolt hook where the strap hooks to. These boats sit low in the front, kind of like the front is heavier than the back.

Yeah the 1875XS's are bow heavy. My friend added some weight to the rear of his. Before that if someone was in the bow pulling anchor the jet was hardly in the water, enough to were it wouldn't pump water at times. I'm not sure how much he added, but he is a lot happier with the performance

I have a 2175xs and the only time I have a problem with the bow catching is on a very steep ramp.

Cheers

Default types of bunks?

First, remind me. Does your boat have UHMW on the bottom? Second, what do you have on the trailer for bunks and bunk covering?

I dont have the plastic bottom, wish I did, and the bunks are wood and covered in carpet. I am thinking about installing that plastic stuff on them to help it slide in better.
    As for being front end heavy, they are, in fact when I put it in reverse I have to run the throttle very slowly or it will cavitate. I put my trolling battery in the back to help with weight and it did help, now I stick my beer cooler and the wife back there and it helps even more.

I will try to get a picture of it so I can show what I had welded on the front, it wont catch anymore and it looks real nice also.

I don't have a ES Jetcraft, but I unload in a few spots that I cannot back the trailer in deep enough to float or push my boat off of the trailer.
    My fix was to install a roller on the first cross member of my trailer.
    I then run my winch strap to the roller on the cross member and then back to the boat.
    Then I just winch my boat off of the trailer.
    Works great.
    "The older I get, the better I was."