Thread: Ram Aviation

Default Ram Aviation

looking at their special they are running for caribou, anybody used them, any info would be helpful, should I bring a fishing pole along, PM any info as well. Thanks Steve

I havent used 'em for hunting, but Mike Speizak has an excellent reputation around here, and always busey.

Good luck.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Default i have

used him in fall 2006...seemed like a nice guy. Charged $1,800/person to fly maybe 30 minutes from Kotz. Seems like a lot and I see their prices have continued to increase but good luck finding anyone up there cuz there just ain't many air services outta there. I guess I would use him again but $2 gees for a drop bou hunt and only fly us for less than 30 minutes....supply and demand I guess.

I have also heard decent things about Northern Air Trophy...
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Thumbs up Ram Aviation in Kotzebue

Not to sound like a broken record but we've used Ram Aviation on numerous occassions out of Kotzebue and they have done what they said everytime. They've been doing these hunts for about 25 years out of Kotzebue and they put you in front of the animals. They drop you in some wicked places where you would never think someone could land an airplane. In fact we've said we wouldn't take our 4x4 truck were they land. I've read a lot of bad reports on other operators throughout the State but I can't recall reading a bad one about Ram. The price can always be an issue but I would rather pay a little more to have a great experience. We've caught some giant arctic char on a few of our hunts. In fact the fishing was so good we thought about booking a fishing trip and if a Caribou walked by we would shoot it. We caught hundreds of Char and some of them weighed 15-18 lbs and were 36" - 39"!! Awsome fish and great to eat. Hope you have good luck if you go! Maybe someday I might get a discounted hunt for all the good stuff I say about them! HA HA, maybe I'm just lucky he keeps taking me!

This is big country, Lotta Caribou.

Lotta isolated ridges and drainages within 1/2 hour of Kotzebue.

I often hunt 5 miles outta Kotzebue for Caribou, winter and summer, by snowgo and Boat. 1/2 hour by snowmachine will do quite often.

By 1:05 Caribou are not where they were at 1:00.............those guys are always moveing along.

Dont fret
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....