Thread: Bow Torque

Default Bow Torque

I have been out of Archery for about 17 years and am just getting started again. Bought a new bow. And have been shooting daily since. Problem is I notice that the bow twists to the left at the shot. I know this bad and my form lacks somewhere. So I have been playing around with how I grip the bow and how it sits in my hand. The problem is getting better (less twist). but has not fully gone away....Any sugestions

Are you shooting with wrist sling on your bow hand? If you aren't, you should try one. Relax your grip to the point that the box actually shoots out of your hand and is saved by the wrist sling. A few months of this and you will train yourself to not grab the bow. I know very, very few professional archers that don't use a wrist sling or finger sling to catch their bow.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Good info here on bowhand position http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpBPgPyiYEA Notice he is using a finger sling so he doesn't lose the bow.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

http://www.bowtube.com/media/6/Get_A_Grip/ this is the one you need to watch.. for how to grip a bow... great reminder.

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Great videos, I have a sling and don't really grip the bow per say, I shoot open handed. I tend to put a little more meat of my palm onto the grip. Can't wait till tomorrow to try rotating my wrist out some....Thanks for the tips...

Your shoulder, arm, wrist position in relation to your body will also make a difference in how the bow reacts. As much as possible you want to relax your bow hand while keeping a "little" and I mean just a slight bit of pressure on the radius bone of your bow hand. Fingers should be relaxed and your bow hand should be in the EXACT same position shot to shot. Try opening your stance or closing your stance a little bit and see if that helps.

Also while you're doing all this experimenting take the target off the bale move up close like 2 ft from the bail and just work on the form and see how the bow reacts. It should jump straight forward if any at all. Work on repeating that over and over again, then move back to the target. Your POI will likely change once you figure out where your form will take it's final resting place.